Raiders Boulder Chase WIP 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All

MANDO & FLOSI - Thanks for the replies guys started painting the boulder as I'm still waiting for more balsa wood to arrive I will post as soon as I have completed it.

Cavlcade - I have almost completed indy I just have to add the webs and do a little weathering, I will post pics of him next week.

Ron

the crate idea is great. i always say you have the absolute best taste about how you "frame" or cut off your projects.

Hi All

ProgMatinee cheers mate and I honestly don't think that this scene would look good if it wasn't done as some sought of box/shadow diorama.

galactiboy - Thanks buddy and it is going to be big but the good thing about having it in a crate is it won't damage when moving.

Ron

Hi All

I'm going to have to redisgn the whole thing as it's going to cost me nearly $300 to just do the wood panels alone on the crate. So back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with so stay tuned.

Ron

Say WHAT? Why would it cost that much? The progress you had on the 9-26 post was great. How much was balsa to do that?

Maybe you can use some faux wood linoleum or something?

Hi All

ProgMatinee wrote
Say WHAT? Why would it cost that much? The progress you had on the 9-26 post was great. How much was balsa to do that?

Maybe you can use some faux wood linoleum or something?

hey mate in total I would have to purchase 56 sheets at $5ea which = $280 just for the balsa. What I have done is shrunk the dio down and restarted it again.

I have thought about the faux idea but haven't been able to find anythingas of yet, but don't worry I'm not giving up in this project.

Ron

Hi All

Well I've gone back to the drawing boards and I have restarted on the crate again. I have made it shorter and also lowered it as well, I was able to pick up a bulk load of balsa from a garage sale which was fanatstic.

I will show pics of the new crate next week but until then I gave the boulder a few coats of dark grey and then a lighter grey. I still have about 2 coats to do then start weathering it.

Ron

Looks amazing ron. Can't wait to see more!

Hi All

Well got the four sides up and have started on the frame work ran out of balsa wood so the crate will have to wait till the weekend now. But till then here are a few pics showing how big it will be.

Ron

Aww... I was hoping this was bumped for an update. This will be one sweet dio once its done :rock

Back