R.I.P. David Carradine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how many KILL BILL jokes and references are already infesting this news on the internet. Generation Gap? People do realize that Carradine already had a career's worth of work while Tarantino was still ^^^^ting his diapers, right? Yeesh.

:monkey2..............so long grasshopper.

I can't believe how many KILL BILL jokes and references are already infesting this news on the internet. Generation Gap? People do realize that Carradine already had a career's worth of work while Tarantino was still ^^^^ting his diapers, right? Yeesh.

Yeah, but Kill Bill lends itself more readily to death than Kung Fu :lecture

David Carradine passes/suicide

“Kung Fu” star David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel room, his manager told FOX News Thursday. While the cause of death has yet to be determined, a Thai newspaper claims the actor died in an apparent suicide.

I read an article mentioning that the suicide info may not be accurate. I hope that to be the more accurate information.

Either way...he will be missed. One of the few who did not have a problem with keeping himself out of trouble.

Followup story says that according to the police report there was no indication of assault. A maid found him. He used the curtain cords. You just never know what's going on in someone's life, but to do this a person must be in a great deal of pain. I'm sorry, for him and for his loved ones.

I agree that the focus solely on "Kill Bill" and "Kung-Fu" is unfortunate. Not a mention yet of his portrayal of Woody Guthrie in "Bound for Glory" or his Ingmar Bergman film "The Serpent's Egg." I remember his appearance on the "Tonight" show with Carson after he was overlooked for an Oscar nomination for "Bound for Glory." When Carson asked him how he felt about it, he offered a refreshing outlook: maybe it wasn't as good as I thought, he said.

According to IMDB, he has eight unreleased films in the can.

RIP Carradine, heck who didn't know this man? He was so cool too, I sure hope it wasn't suicide either. I mean at 72 years of age why would he right? This all seems odd imo.

RIP dude.

RIP Carradine, heck who didn't know this man? He was so cool too, I sure hope it wasn't suicide either. I mean at 72 years of age why would he right? This all seems odd imo.

RIP dude.

The elderly are prone to suicide... usually due to a terminal condition, significant life loses or maybe not wanting to loose their independence. Or there could have been some mental health issues.

Although it sounds like its still not confirmed that it was a suicide.

I read a couple of articles about it being suicide, where it was reported that there were no signs of breaking and entering. I don't know, I don't want to believe he would take his own life.

I recently got into Death Race 2000. I really liked him in that, even tho Sly Stallone stole the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back