Quint (JAWS) Head sculpt - Critique / tips wanted!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerh

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi All

This is a sculpt of Robert Shaw's character Quint from Jaws (which I am sure everyone reading this is familiar with!)

I worked as a sculptor and product developer in the toy industry for several years and I noticed this face was seemingly one of the harder ones to get right - So wanting to challenge myself I gave it a shot. I usually sculpt for MEGO scale (1:8) so those sculpts are a little more forgiving due to smaller size and overall cheesy nature of the MEGO form, but with the skill on this forum I thought it would be a great place to ask where to go from here!

This is being done digitally in Maya and Mudbox.

Thank you!

Quint.jpg

Re: Quint (LAWS) Head sculpt - Critique / tips wanted!

For a stylized version of Shaw, its not bad. I can see the resemblance. Trevor Grove and Spenser here on the board both have done excellent Quint sculpts. Another underrated actor. Always nice to see some Jaws love.

Definitely recognizable as Robert Shaw. The wrinkles could be sharper. The expression is neutral. Give him more character by giving him a clearer expression.

Thank you both for taking the time!

Ill work on the expression an deepening the wrinkles - I have never really sculpted heads for 1:6 before so its quite a learning experience - Most of the "larger" things I sculpted were more "statue" type objects, etc...

Back