Quick Detolf Display Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaunted

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if there's another area of the forum I can post this, sorry in advance

I'm looking to make the shelves in my detolf a shiny black, for testers I put black cardboard under the shelf and dig how it looks, the obvious problem is that it sags a bit and I don't want to tape it because I don't want to see the tape under the glass.
I'm thinking about getting blackout tint film and putting it on the glass. Has anyone done this? Also thinking about putting the same tint on the main glass behind the figures

12509085_622437907893976_6894091366947381531_n.jpg

Not sure how it would look but can't you take the sheet out, spray paint it in a gloss black on the bottom and then slap it back in there? Same look as the black cardboard with no sagging and probably MUCH cheaper than tinting.

I prefer the window tint method, as it will look cleaner and can be removed easier if you wish to do so later.

My only concern would be the limiting of light filtering through the shelves. Unless you have lighting on each shelf, the bottom ones will be dark and hard to see, due to the viewing angle.

Use led lights strip around all sides from top to bottom , so it wouldn't look dark and the lights focused on the figurines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back