Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you haven't seen the article in vanity fair on the tv series with pictures... first look at the amazon LOTR tv series

- Elrond and their interpretation of him with a more contemporary hairstyle has already taken me out of the moment. I am surprised the Tolkien estate let them change quite a lot?
Thanks for sharing. I truly hope that they don't screw this up.

Unfortunately we do not have the license yet.
we are still working on it, but so far there is no lucky.
Dear Asmus,
we have recently experienced what happens when companies don´t focus on their already succefully owned licences...
Other than the fact that the UNNECESSARY Jeff Bezos' Middle Earth looks NOTHING like Tolkien to me (political agendas can kill the truth; on the other hand my wallet and my reading time will be pleased for once) there are still so many beatiful primary and secondary characters from the LOTR Film trilogy to be done that it would be a pity if you would miss the chance to enter the 1/6 hall of fame. With ups and downs, this journey with you and LOTR has been a dream for many of us. Please don´t mess it up now...

Dear Asmus,
we have recently experienced what happens when companies don´t focus on their already succefully owned licences...
Other than the fact that the UNNECESSARY Jeff Bezos' Middle Earth looks NOTHING like Tolkien to me (political agendas can kill the truth; on the other hand my wallet and my reading time will be pleased for once) there are still so many beatiful primary and secondary characters from the LOTR Film trilogy to be done that it would be a pity if you would miss the chance to enter the 1/6 hall of fame. With ups and downs, this journey with you and LOTR has been a dream for many of us. Please don´t mess it up now...
Couldn’t agree more.

Dear Asmus,
Agreed. Stick with the classic films that started it all… At least for now.

Dear Asmus,

This has been a privilege. It has been a dream for us too.

just don't forget Haldir!!
😊
1644584049684.gif

lordnastrond said:
Hi,
I'm sorry to be a pain, I usually keep my enquires about purchases to the official channels but I have yet to receive a response and its been months.
I am still awaiting my Galadriel figure, which I have paid for in full (ordered 3rd June 2020, paid balance 9th June 2021).
I have since received a few deliveries from Asmus, so it can't be that shipping to the UK hasn't yet resumed.
Can I please have some sort of response/reassurance on this issue?
Hi Asmus, I am still awaiting Vivian and the Asmus team to help me with this issue.
Though I have been contacted and we have agreed to a solution, still no actual steps have been taken to address this issue.
Can someone PLEASE just send the figure? I have been incredibly patient and I have offered to pay the shipping and it still hasn't gotten me anywhere.
I'm at the point of cancelling to be honest if something isn't done about my order this week.
I am recieving my other orders from Asmus fine, but when it comes to this order I am getting nowhere.
I would like either confirmation that my order has been shipped OR that my order is being refunded in full by this time next week.
Forgive the tone, but its been 8 months since i paid my order balance in FULL and I still haven't received what I paid for.

I thought I would also post this here just in case you don't see it in the Galadriel page.
And in anticipation of some other people's comments, I have already tried email and the customer service ticket page - many times over the last 8 months...

Thanks for the explanation. Where do you get your knowledge?
From Tolkien’s writing. One of their parents was mortal and one was an elf. Not sure if it is in the Appendices of LOTR or just in the Silmarillion. His brother, that chose the mortal life is the Numenorean line of kings which Aragorn is a descendant of. Also Galadriel is Elrond’s mother-in-law.

From Tolkien’s writing. One of their parents was mortal and one was an elf. Not sure if it is in the Appendices of LOTR or just in the Silmarillion. His brother, that chose the mortal life is the Numenorean line of kings which Aragorn is a descendant of. Also Galadriel is Elrond’s mother-in-law.
Exactly. Also Celeborn and Galadriel may be cousins (depending on the Celeborn family tree). In fact Galadriel is cousins with most royal elves including Celebrimbor and Gil-galad depending on the version written. It’s a big rabbit hole if you want to read Tolkien outside LOTR, Hobbit and Silmarillion. You’ve been warned because so many conflicting versions are out there especially for Galadriel. Even Gil-galad’s parentage is not finalized with the Silmarillion saying he is the son of Fingon and other accounts saying he is the son of Orodreth making him Galadriel’s grand nephew. It’s best to treat it all like history with different authors/historians.

Exactly. Also Celeborn and Galadriel may be cousins (depending on the Celeborn family tree). In fact Galadriel is cousins with most royal elves including Celebrimbor and Gil-galad depending on the version written. It’s a big rabbit hole if you want to read Tolkien outside LOTR, Hobbit and Silmarillion. You’ve been warned because so many conflicting versions are out there especially for Galadriel. Even Gil-galad’s parentage is not finalized with the Silmarillion saying he is the son of Fingon and other accounts saying he is the son of Orodreth making him Galadriel’s grand nephew. It’s best to treat it all like history with different authors/historians.
Oh I have gone down the rabbit hole. Multiple times lol. I have been a huge fan of all things Middle Earth/Tolkien since I was introduced to it at 5 years old. In the late 80s I was the kid in my elementary school showing up dressed up as Tolkien for the hero biography book report. No one not even the teacher knew what a hobbit was. It wasn’t until high school that I actually met someone else that had read LOTR.

Totally forgot about this version
Maybe a reissue?
Yup I'd be satisfied with a reissue with just a body upgrade. I had heard that the original body had loose joints so I passed on picking it up when I had the chance a few years ago. I sort of regret it now though given I could have just sourced a replacement body.. it's a fantastic looking figure.

Would make a great companion piece with the Crown Gandalf the White, hint hint Asmus :naughty

Back