Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are supposedly positioned too deep into the head from what I've seen. Most likely due to the PERS (movable eyes) system not being perfectly executed/developed yet. I am about to receive the figure myself but I hope this issue will be looked into with Gandalf the White or just do not include the PERS (movable eyes) at all.
The eyes look that way because they did not color the sclera lilac/off-white (sclera is the white part in your eyes around the iris). Instead it was left as default grey (color of the plastic / resin). If you pull the eyes out and color it lilac or off-white, leaving the iris untouched, it will improve the eyes quite a lot. A lot of collectors have done that and improved the sculpt - it's really easy too.

Yeah me too. Glad I own those already released. ASMUS has a few Thorin left; Bilbo and Thorin gone from my usual retailers. Bard - an underrated fig IMO - is probably impossible to find. Someone put up a Thranduil for ~$1700.00 on the 'bay.:monkey3

I'd like Dwalin and Dain, Fili and Kili at least. Beorn. No point in not using those specially developed dwarf bodies. Thranduil in his berry crown (and throne) of course. BOFA Thorin.
A Mirkwood Legolas.

Not falling over myself to get LOTR figs, but I'll go for a Bag End diorama if it gets put out. A lot of people will probably want a ROTK Aragorn but it's my least favorite look for him.
Yeah, and that $1700 Thranduil aint even the original limited edition of 600. Looks like version 2 ( Elven archer face ). Still like the figure, but at that price the seller is having a laugh!

Yeah, and that $1700 Thranduil aint even the original limited edition of 600. Looks like version 2 ( Elven archer face ). Still like the figure, but at that price the seller is having a laugh!
I really can’t tell the difference between V1 and V2 and when was V2 sold?

They are supposedly positioned too deep into the head from what I've seen. Most likely due to the PERS (movable eyes) system not being perfectly executed/developed yet. I am about to receive the figure myself but I hope this issue will be looked into with Gandalf the White or just do not include the PERS (movable eyes) at all.
Someone mentioned on Facebook that this issue is solved with the later batches

Yeah me too. Glad I own those already released. ASMUS has a few Thorin left; Bilbo and Thorin gone from my usual retailers. Bard - an underrated fig IMO - is probably impossible to find. Someone put up a Thranduil for ~$1700.00 on the 'bay.:monkey3

I'd like Dwalin and Dain, Fili and Kili at least. Beorn. No point in not using those specially developed dwarf bodies. Thranduil in his berry crown (and throne) of course. BOFA Thorin.
A Mirkwood Legolas.

Not falling over myself to get LOTR figs, but I'll go for a Bag End diorama if it gets put out. A lot of people will probably want a ROTK Aragorn but it's my least favorite look for him.
Radagast the Brown

So…

Is that Crown Series Gandalf head sculpt ever going to be available for purchase like they said it would be?

Or “naaaaaah…”?

I really can’t tell the difference between V1 and V2 and when was V2 sold?
Think about couple of years ago. After limited edition sold out, version 2 came out ( lots of pics and comments back in Thranduil thread ) Amazon seemed to get their hands on a sizeable batch to sell. Big difference in face sculpt and paint job between the 2 versions. Also version 2 hair styled differently and bit thinner on top and shorter in overall length.

the ”pull in the dress” is a line of stitching that has been caught or pulled and with it has made a horrible line in the dress and the silver detailing is pulled as well as the stitching.
not sure now else to explain but I did include a photo a page or two back.
Ok thanks.

Think about couple of years ago. After limited edition sold out, version 2 came out ( lots of pics and comments back in Thranduil thread ) Amazon seemed to get their hands on a sizeable batch to sell. Big difference in face sculpt and paint job between the 2 versions. Also version 2 hair styled differently and bit thinner on top and shorter in overall length.
Which version was better?

Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Do we know if Asmus as plans to work on a Coronation Aragorn, and/or on a possible Black Gate Aragorn?

I'm guessing a Gandalf the White with a Coronation Aragorn could be something magnificent to have on a display.

Thanks for the reply! :)

Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Do we know if Asmus as plans to work on a Coronation Aragorn, and/or on a possible Black Gate Aragorn?

I'm guessing a Gandalf the White with a Coronation Aragorn could be something magnificent to have on a display.

Thanks for the reply! :)
There is still no plan or info for next Aragorn yet at recent.
Gandalf the White will be the next CS figure in schedule. But we are waiting for the all shipment of GTG fulfilled. Thank you for your interest.

Gandalf the White will be the next CS figure in schedule. But we are waiting for the all shipment of GTG fulfilled. Thank you for your interest.
Thank you for the Answer!

I received my CS GTG today, and it is an amazing product, and I will gladly grab Gandalf the White when it is out!
I was asking, because a Gandalf the White will of course need a fitting Aragorn :)

Great to hear about Gandalf the White being the next CS figure! :yess:
I ended up buying the Crown GTG in the end and am so glad I did, so I cannot wait to see the White version.

Which version was better?
IMHO both got some minor issues, but nothing bad enough that stopped me getting both figures. ( including duplicates, as my OCD likes to also keep a mint figure in box - I know it`s bonkers! ) But if push comes to shove, I`d favour version 1.

IMHO both got some minor issues, but nothing bad enough that stopped me getting both figures. ( including duplicates, as my OCD likes to also keep a mint figure in box - I know it`s bonkers! ) But if push comes to shove, I`d favour version 1.

Nah, I've got multiples of Thorin, Bilbo, and Thranduil. 2 Gimlis. Also duplicates of fav Marvel figures. And all of them are out of the boxes and worked with.

For me figures like Thorin and Bilbo are the best, because of the multiple looks you can get. Since I like diorama stands, that helps too.

As for the Thranduil accidental variants, I never did settle at which one is "better" portrait wise. I sent one with the guard face back to Amazon, changed my mind, and bought it again. lol.
Tho my displays are in different rooms, too so I don't have the same figures lined up on the same shelves.
Tho now I have the Archer and a Thranduil with the same face.:legolas Then again, it might be worth getting an extra Archer and making his oufit a bit more plush. Because Thranduil's father was killed at the Battle of Dagorland and:

After the Siege of Barad-dûr in S.A. 3441, when Sauron was defeated, Thranduil led the remainder of his people north back to the Woodland Realm, where he was crowned king.[2]

Regret that Peter Jackson didn't do a flashback scene for DOS, since IMO it would have fleshed out Thranduil's character more. And Thranduil would have had armor like the other elves during these battles.

Last edited:
Back