Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus, I've tried contacting you twice now, once through email and once through your site and I haven't received an answer. I need an invoice ASAP.

i just got a confirmation email from them this morning, they are saying items will be shipped out 1-2 weeks from now!!

With Eomer invoices going out (and the figure presumably shipping soon) and Arwen pre-orders being taken ... what's on the horizon for the rest of 2019? Might we see that Gandalf the Grey re-do soon? Azog or Lurtz? Somebody totally new? Am I forgetting anybody that's been teased already?

^ Gandalf the Grey would be awesome! Glad to hear they are re-doing him - I am quite new to the line and so missed the first one, GTG is very high up on my list of wanted figures. :)

Also hoping for a new Aragorn. :pray:

Oh, yes. I'd be in for another Aragorn. Especially with the improvements to hair application we've seen with each figure, I'd love to see them tackle Aragorn again. Maybe a Helm's Deep or Black Gate version. I doubt we'll see another Ranger version, though.

Oh, yes. I'd be in for another Aragorn. Especially with the improvements to hair application we've seen with each figure, I'd love to see them tackle Aragorn again. Maybe a Helm's Deep or Black Gate version. I doubt we'll see another Ranger version, though.

I'd take either of those (or more likely buy both of them!! :lol)

Soon as my Merry & Pippin arrive, Gandalf will be the last character I need to complete the Fellowship, so he’s way up on my list. I’m glad I knew about his impending reissue otherwise I would’ve blown a ton of cash getting a massively marked up GtG on eBay.

I’d also love to see any and all Orcs and Uruk Hai come along next. Azog will probably be the only Hobbit character I acquire just go build a bad guy army. A Warg Scout would be ace; Goblins, Easterlings, Haradrim- every villain in Middle Earth is designed brilliantly.
But I’m hoping Haldir will be announced soon since Asmus said they’re focusing on Helms Deep now. Prologue elves and Warrior Elrond and Gil Galad with that gorgeous armour would be epic too. Eventually.

There’s really nothing I wouldn’t buy from LOTR. I just hope this line continues to grow. We need to work our way up to that 1/6 cave troll Asmus mentioned when this line got started.

I am trying to limit myself on this line but it is going to be very, very difficult. If I didn't collect so many other lines I'd probably go all out! :lol So instead I will try and stick to my favorite characters (she said!), so Holm Bilbo, Aragorn and Gandalf aside (my must-buys), I'd also more-than-likely pick up Faramir (the Sideshow effort was just awful!), King Theoden, Galadriel, Balin and Dol-Guldur Elrond if they were made. :)

Although I probably wouldn't buy it, I agree Haldir would look great in 1/6 scale - I was well miffed when Sideshow Weta never made him in their polystone statue and bust line.

Although I probably wouldn't buy it, I agree Haldir would look great in 1/6 scale - I was well miffed when Sideshow Weta never made him in their polystone statue and bust line.

So, no plans then to buy the Haldir statue that Weta has available?

apart from Galdalf the grey and Gandalf the white my other most wanted figures are..
Galadriel and Radagast i hope they consider making these.

Beorn, Elrond, theoden get a vote too

And Azog and lurtz and bolg is a must for villains.

So, no plans then to buy the Haldir statue that Weta has available?

Unfortunately not. Had that been made 5 or 6 years ago it would have been a definite purchase, I got out of Middle Earth statue collecting a few years ago as at the time I had all the characters and pieces I wanted and so considered my collection complete (and also so I could focus on collecting 1/6 scale figures).

In all honesty tho I guess I never thought that he'd get the statue treatment! :lol Still it's great that he's finally been done though for all those who wanted him - and it is a really nice looking piece too. :)

NY Toy Fair is happening now, apparently. Does Asmus have any presence there this year? Any new figures to show or rumors to spread?

I did a quick search to see if there was a general thread for it but haven't seen anything.

NY Toy Fair is happening now, apparently. Does Asmus have any presence there this year? Any new figures to show or rumors to spread?

I did a quick search to see if there was a general thread for it but haven't seen anything.

The only thing I’ve seen is Devil May Cry stuff. Getting kind of bummed that we have not heard or seen anything about future plans. We were given a peak at Gandalf that we were to hear about “soon”. Here we are months later, nada.

Back