Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we are making brand ew Ringwarith, form top to bottom, man to horse, all new.
so it will take a while.

So far no plan for Faramir in 2019, but he is a certain yes in the days to come

Great news! I will definitely get at least one more Ringwraith maybe 2. Also Faramir is near the top of my want list so that is great to hear. Anything thing you can say about Theoden?

WOW! Your original Nazgul on steed is one of my all-time favorite displays set-ups. Going to be tough to top that for me, but I look forward to it.

After all, there are NINE of them... and I only have the WitchKing and Khamul right now.

The ringwraiths are the closest I have ever come to army building in 1/6. I have the Witch King, an Asmus Nazgul on foot, an Asmus Nazgul on horse and an ACI Nazgul. After a second release I will have more Nazgul than Hot Toys Star Wars figures. They already beat my Hot Toys Marvel collection. I sold that all off except for Cap and a Black Widow to find my Lord of the Rings collection.

Mr. Asmus,

Are you seeking the license for the Amazon LotR Prequel TV series?

(Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered already.)

Since Amazon's Middle-Earth series isn't likely to air until 2021 (at the earliest), I think that it might actually reinvigorate this line once all the primary and secondary characters are completed. I'm still wondering if they'll try to appear somewhat consistent with the look of the films or if they'll go entirely in their own direction design-wise.

Excited to get the Nazgul on Steed for my collection once it gets released.

Asmus, since you are revisiting the Nazgul, does that also mean you are going to do a Morgul Lord rerelease?

Yes, we are making brand ew Ringwarith, form top to bottom, man to horse, all new.
so it will take a while.

Great !!! But it has to be even better than the first release. (that was good, once the imperfections were fixed)
By an example, let's go deep into detail with the outfit and give them real thick fabric:

BlackRiderParade_Syt.jpg

nazgul2_fg.jpg

:)

Wow! That is admirable!
Any guide to rooting hair that you might want to point out to us? I am not ready to undertake such a difficult craft, but I certainly would like to start doing the needed readings and start scheming away.
Have you tested your skill with a lesser headsculpt first? Results were good? Was it difficult getting started on that track?

I am also sorry to hear that the Faramir plague has hit you too, even if you are ready to overcome that problem with your skills. What kind of stuff are you intending to use to compose that very complex pleather vest? Where have you sourced it from? eBay?

Thanks,
m.

:wave
I haven't had the time to test it yet, but I will soon ! For the moment I keep readind moreZmore pages, and look at Jacob Rahmier's work and I try to figure out what and how to do. I think I can do it, but I would not try to entirely repaint a face, that, I could not do.
Concerning Faramir, it's easy, I just have... another Faramir :p that I found new for 45$.

Great !!! But it has to be even better than the first release. (that was good, once the imperfections were fixed)
By an example, let's go deep into detail with the outfit and give them real thick fabric:

View attachment 448291

View attachment 448292

If you give them thick fabric in 1/6th scale it will not hang correctly at all.

If you give them thick fabric in 1/6th scale it will not hang correctly at all.

Of course, I know... It has to stay in scale. By "thick fabric" I mean something more like Gandalf's robes rather than the bad quality transluscent thing they gave them the last time.

:wave
I haven't had the time to test it yet, but I will soon ! For the moment I keep readind moreZmore pages, and look at Jacob Rahmier's work and I try to figure out what and how to do. I think I can do it, but I would not try to entirely repaint a face, that, I could not do.
Concerning Faramir, it's easy, I just have... another Faramir :p that I found new for 45$.

Hahahaha
Okie dokie!
m.

so it will take a while.

OMfGs
That is some piece of good news right there!
Since you explicitely stated that you are redoing the Nazgul and steed from what seems to be scratch, here are some questions and suggestions for ya Mr. Asmus!:

1) Will you give us a seamless horse, just like the white horse from the Inflames Journey to the West Tang figure?

2) When it comes to horses, 303 Toys is the brand you want to check out: best sculpts, rooted hair, painting and materials. But above all: NO FLOCKING!!

3) Will the horse have LED eyes?

4) Metal armour for the Nazgul?

5) As you know, many of us fans own one or both of the extremely good ACI ring wraiths. I have no idea whether all RWs had the same armour, or if ACI was right and there were slightly different armours, but if the latter was true, please Mr. Armus, do not make the same armour again. If you do, there will be very little point in us fans buying again something we already own a great (almost perfect) version of.

RfC
m.

I finally got tired of waiting for an invoice on the remaining balance and placed a new order. It shipped and arrived Saturday. I was told my original deposit would be returned, but I won't hold my breath waiting.

I'm not giving away my original deposit so I'll just bombard their email box until I get a reply.

Whatever happened with the Azog tease from back when? Is he still in development? And what are the chances of Thranduil and Eowyn getting a re release or the slim treatment? Ps thanks asmus you’re great!

I was so hype when they resold Thranduil for their Christmas sale. I always regretted selling mine off and when I saw that I jumped on it fast!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

@Asmus a few days ago I received a (new) Thorin figure with some damaged accessories.

I have sent an email to [email protected], is this the correct way to handle this situation?

Or do I need to contact you by facebook?

@Asmus give a big thnx from me to Rola for fixing my problems.
Sadly the retailer did nothing, but Asmus stepped in and send replacements/missing items.
Great customer service, keep up the good work!

Back