Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Gandalf the Grey sold out instantly from most US retailers like BBTS and Sideshow, what are the chances of seeing Gandalf reissued or given a Slim edition with tighter/fixed ankles?

I have heard from one retailer that Asmus is considering a LOTR Gandalf (new sculpt) but I do not know if that is inside information or just conjecture from being on boards like this one where Asmus has kind of said they might do one form the road.

I really hope the line is doing well for Asmus because I would love to see it go on for years to come.

I have heard from one retailer that Asmus is considering a LOTR Gandalf (new sculpt) but I do not know if that is inside information or just conjecture from being on boards like this one where Asmus has kind of said they might do one form the road.

I really hope the line is doing well for Asmus because I would love to see it go on for years to come.

That would be unfortunate for those who bought the first version and like the headsculpt with sculpted hair. :/

I really want to see a brighter picture of both those Mask sculpts though.

=superdoug;8858285I really hope the line is doing well for Asmus because I would love to see it go on for years to come.

All their newer figures seem to be selling out and with the second run of Saruman, it seems to be doing ok. I hope it lasts as well, there are a few more figures I would like to see from this line.

Does anyone feel like Asmus has been missing from these boards a bit lately? I feel like they were a bit more active before Gandalf was released. Maybe it's just me.

Still holding off for now. Want to see Legolas, Gimli and Boromir prototypes before going in. Sideshow promise on finishing the Fellowship in the Maquette line (and dropping the PF's) has destroyed my optimism. Can't trust words, need proof.

Anyone heard something about those updated Gandalf the White sculpts yet? Deafening silence?

Does anyone feel like Asmus has been missing from these boards a bit lately? I feel like they were a bit more active before Gandalf was released. Maybe it's just me.
When 90% of people are jackasses toward you and your work with zero tact, politeness, and don't understand the difference between constructive criticism and being rude is, I'm not surprised they jumped ship a bit.

When 90% of people are jackasses toward you and your work with zero tact, politeness, and don't understand the difference between constructive criticism and being rude is, I'm not surprised they jumped ship a bit.

Well to be fair, there were only several members who were really rude. I understand what you are saying though.

Last edited:

I'm just hoping Asmus hasn't decided that they don't need to hang out her and interact with fans anymore because sales are trending up on recent figures. :(

I was excited to see Asmus on the Exhibitor List for NYCC 2016, but it sounds from their blurb like you're only going to be showing off Hateful Eight figures at NYCC and not Tolkien? :(

"We dedicate ourselves to high-end collectible action figures, a world of delicacy and fun. You may know us from our product series "The Lord Of Rings" "The Hobbits", but this year we'll present you our brand-new product line: The Hateful Eight. "

Seriously?! Wtf. That was going to be the very first booth I was going to go to when I got to NYCC...now I may just stop by to ask about LOTR figures coming out the future if I have time. That is disappointing.

Great news. Hope they will present new Gandalf the White sculpt, and Frodo with Sam. Definitely there will be Tranduil, and possibly Legolas.

Back