Question regarding Neck Openings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSD

Super Freak
Reaction score
To anybody who sells custom head sculpts - what is the standard way that the neck post is left?

I ask because I've been casting my own heads for personal use with integral Hot Toys neck adaptors, but I guess not everyone would want that.

I guess the hot toys neck adapter is standard. Some people including myself use TTL's for bashes and those neck connectors are compatible. I mainly use TTL's and HT's bodies for bashes and some BBI bodies as well as one called "Original Action Figure" the famous man-boobied body, and all those are good.

I don't know about Dragon bodies or any other because I don't have those.

Sure, but how is the actual neck of the resin cast left on these head sculpts that people sell? Is it just an empty socket dremelled to slot over the top of the most commonly used adaptors? How deep is the hole if so?

If anyone has a pic of the standard way of doing it, that would be great.

That's what I figured. Presumably the adaptor or neck socket just slots into the neck of the sculpt, and doesn't "lock" into place, right? Or are people generally clever enough to make it a tight fit?

Cool. So what do people do when they get these casts, simply glue them onto the neck post?

Cool. Thanks for the helpful replies, much appreciated.

Yep, either glue... or if they don't want to have the head permanently on a body people will use blue-tac or some other kind of putty.

The HT neck size is really pretty universal at this piont. I've found that Sideshow heads are a bit loose, but if you put a layer of electrical tape around the neck adapter it becomes a snug fit.

Back