Question: How far do you take your games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balsquat

Public Enemies
Reaction score
So I just finished playing the main story of Arkham City and began playing the challenge modes and gathering all the hidden riddler trophies. Despite the main story being fun, I find the extra point collecting and basic side missions to really bore me. I may just switch the game for a new title at this point, as I really don't enjoy most of the challenges beyond the main story.

This is normal for me, as I experienced the same thing with other games such as Red Dead Redemption and Arkham Asylum.

I have also read somewhere that most players don't even beat their games nowadays. So, I guess I see myself somewhere in the middle, where I ALWAYS finish the main story, but quickly lose interest after.

My question is: How far do you take your games?

I typically finish the game and as many of the side quests/missions as are required for the achievements. I try to finish the side missions before I finish the main story that way I still it to go back to play. For example, I finished every side mission in Oblivion, Fallout 3/New Vegas, and Red Dead before finishing up the main story.

As for the extra modes, I rarely do any of the challenges or zombie/horde modes in games unless some are easy enough to do for a few quick achievements.

I don't care about achievements or unlocking stuff. I play the main story and move on to the next game. I really only like to play a game once. The one exception was Gears of War. Played that in every mode at every difficulty.

I should add by main story I mean the game. Games like assassins creed or skyrim I will play any quest I find. However after I beat the game I'm done.

I carry my games all the way to the end, and then try to unlock all of the trophies (just for reply value). The only two games that I have never finished were Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2.

I always finish the single player story/campaign on every game that I play. Then from there it's a lot of online multiplayer until I get bored of it or another game comes along. As for achievements/trophies, I try to get as many as I can but I rarely go out of my way to get them.

I'm like the OP

I finished main story in Arkham City and now find myself bored, same deal with Arkham Asylum and even Oblivion - I think Skyrim now is going to be the same.

I carry my games all the way to the end, and then try to unlock all of the trophies (just for reply value). The only two games that I have never finished were Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2.

:lecture I try this too just to make the purchase worth it. I just don't have much time to do lately because of work so I can't do the marathon sessions anymore during the week, and the GF gets all pissy with me if I sit on the couch doing it on the weekends. :dunno

It really depends on the games but mostly I shelf after I finish because I have to big a backlog. But I will always finish the game I'm playing unless I'm really not enjoying it (such as FF XII recently).

Uncharted I do the main quest and I look for some collectibles but I don't go out of my way to find them and once I finish the game I don't go back.

Assassin's Creed likewise. I'll do the main quest and start buy doing a few side quests/ collections but usually after 10h in the game I just want to finish it so I rush the main quest and shelf it.

Games like Oblivion and other RPGs I'll try and do all the side quests if I can. Obviously for Oblivion it's tricky... But the stories of the quests are really good.

There are very few games I will try to stay with till 'the end'.
Muramasa I loved and I finished 100%, all items, all endings. Mostly because it wasn't too cumbersome to achieve.
inFAMOUS I tried to collect everything, got all the drop points, all the side missions and I ALMOST! got all the shards (like 309/316) but there was no way I was going to comb the city to find them so I shelved it.
No way was I going to redo it in dark side mode either.

I go through the SP and do all there is to do mission wise. After that I might drop on MP for a bit depending how good it is but I usally move on to the next game.

Very rarely do i like to take my games to 100%. They have to be very engaging for me to bother to collect everything

To my recollection the only games i have were Crash Bandicoot 2, Jack and Daxter and Metal Gear Solid 2

Currently im trying to with Arkham City, and im almost there too.

Although with games like GTA i don't even finish the story mode haha

Next on my list is Arkham City. The combat challenges will more than likely raise my blood pressure too, but I will say that my kung-fu skills are much better than from the first game.

For me it really depends on the game. I try to at least finish all games but some games like LA Noir just bored the hell out of me so I didn't even bother finishing them.

RPG games like The Elder Scrolls Series, Fallout Series, RDR, GTA series etc I always beat and I usually always do multiple play throughs to basically do everything. I don't necessarily need to get all the achievements but I want to do everything in game.

Then there are the games like Arkham series and the Uncharted series where the games are awesome but after one play through I don't really need to play them again, at least no right away.

I did surprise myself and found that Assassins Creed 2 was one of the few games where I wanted to get most if not all of the achievements and do everything possible.

All depends on the game and how well it sucks me in.

I finish probably 80 percent of the games i play.. but rarely if ever do a second play through, as long as the achievements dont require me devoting a unreasonable amount of time i make a solid attempt to achieve them, but my favorite games just make me forget about achievements and not rush usually a good rpg like skyrim or a pc game like diablo will have that effect.

It depends what kind of things I have to do to complete it entirely.Arkham City for example,i finished the main story and all the side missions and currently playing the challenges but collecting over 400 Riddler trophies so you can meet Riddler in person is not worth it,awaste of time in my opinion.
The Riddles are fun though.

It's only sandbox games i bother trying to complete as much as i think is worth the time,any other type of game is pretty much straight forward and not much you CAN do in SP mode,unless you are looking to get as much trophies/achievements as you can.

Last edited:
the last game I completed 100% was Wolfenstein "the original" I don't loose sleep over unlocks or trophy's but I do like the ones that are hard to get or very random u get by suprise

It depends on the game, and how much I enjoy playing them. With Uncharted I prefer to get my Platinum. So I go back for everything. I haven't with uc3 yet because I need a break. And I have with the two first ones, though I have to redo uc1 since I started a new account. But anyways, with most games I don't really care. Some games I play and I don't even finish. :/

Back