question for those with HT Elder 2 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Please help. I need to find out how the bottom belt (one with the rectangular buckle, directly on the crotch armour) is attached. See below for visual reference. I am refering to the belt that is directly below the belt holding the gun.

6347_press07-001.jpg

If anyone have a picture of where it attaches, it will be greatly appreciated. Also, is one end of this belt glued onto the the crotch armour? Thanks a million!

Is it supposed to look like this? With the right side glued on?

DSC_0126.jpg

Last edited:
It's sculpted to the "crotch armor". There's a snap on the back (like the P2 armor) to fasten it around the waist, but it isn't a seperate piece.

Please help. I need to find out how the bottom belt (one with the rectangular buckle, directly on the crotch armour) is attached. See below for visual reference. I am refering to the belt that is directly below the belt holding the gun.

6347_press07-001.jpg

If anyone have a picture of where it attaches, it will be greatly appreciated. Also, is one end of this belt glued onto the the crotch armour? Thanks a million!

I believe the belt and the crotch armor are all one sculpted piece.

The don't come apart.

What a pain in the a$$. I just got this guy today. The piece was supposed to be in "like new condition." What frustates me is the right side of the belt was glued down, an attempt to fix the problem by the prior owner. And none of this was disclosed on the auction.

the belts on this thing are kinda crappy.
i ended up taking them off and extending them so they're down on the hips like they are in the movie, instead of way up on the stomach. makes a big difference.
now i just need to find a sheath for the sword.

What a pain in the a$$. I just got this guy today. The piece was supposed to be in "like new condition." What frustates me is the right side of the belt was glued down, an attempt to fix the problem by the prior owner. And none of this was disclosed on the auction.

HAIRDRYER

I have said this so many times with Hot Toys Preds and their gear. Use a friggin' hairdryer. Avoid the breakage.

Turtle,

1) pry up the glued down side carefully. Use an exacto knife blade under it if you have to. Use a hairdryer to make it more flexible, but be careful cause the knife will cut through it easier if you slip.

2) Once it is freed, wrap the broken end around the peg and glue it down first.

3) Then grab your trusty hairdryer again and heat up the entire belt all the way around. With it nice and warm and soft pull on it until it gets longer. Now pull your head out of the gutter cause that sounded way dirty:lol You should easily be able to make the other end connect to the belt peg now.

Since the other side is glued down, you might as well glue this one in place too unless you think you may one day take it apart for any reason.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Thnaks guys for the confirmation.

Definitly looks broken. I hope you didn't get charged out the rear for it.

I paid $330 shipped, so not too much.

that sucks man. have you tried glueing it back?

I really don't want to glue it back together since I was supposed to get the piece in "like new condition."

HAIRDRYER

I have said this so many times with Hot Toys Preds and their gear. Use a friggin' hairdryer. Avoid the breakage.

Turtle,

1) pry up the glued down side carefully. Use an exacto knife blade under it if you have to. Use a hairdryer to make it more flexible, but be careful cause the knife will cut through it easier if you slip.

3) Then grab your trusty hairdryer again and heat up the entire belt all the way around. With it nice and warm and soft pull on it until it gets longer. Now pull your head out of the gutter cause that sounded way dirty:lol You should easily be able to make the other end connect to the belt peg now.

Since the other side is glued down, you might as well glue this one in place too unless you think you may one day take it apart for any reason.

Thanks for the detail repair instructions. I am going to try to send this sucker back to the seller. I may have to go through ebay if things don't work out. But if I do keep it, I'll definitely follow the steps provided.

I really don't want to glue it back together since I was supposed to get the piece in "like new condition."

Thanks for the detail repair instructions. I am going to try to send this sucker back to the seller. I may have to go through ebay if things don't work out. But if I do keep it, I'll definitely follow the steps provided.

no need to return an awesome piece like this for somethin so minor....

if you do send it back... use signature confirmation!!!

I am going to try to send this sucker back to the seller.

Dude, if that's the only thing wrong with the piece, and it's an easy fix, just keep it. It's a great piece and a fair price these days. Don't send it back just because it's the principle of the thing. "Like new" doesn't mean perfect. Besides, that could have happened to anybody with that figure who doesn't use hot water of a hairdryer.

Just think how hard and more expensive it will be to get another one of these.

Dude, if that's the only thing wrong with the piece, and it's an easy fix, just keep it. It's a great piece and a fair price these days. Don't send it back just because it's the principle of the thing. "Like new" doesn't mean perfect. Besides, that could have happened to anybody with that figure who doesn't use hot water of a hairdryer.

Just think how hard and more expensive it will be to get another one of these.

The issue here is resale value. Since the figure is no longer in mint condition (due to the broken belt), the price and appeal of this piece will be lowered.

If i didnt already have one Id give you 330 for this. If your not happy sell it on here and get your money back. I bet you'll get plenty of takers at 330 plus shipping. On the Bay it never sells for under 350.

Eric

HAIRDRYER

Turtle,

yes this guy is totally right. i've been doing all the hard stuff with a hairdryer too. just heat it up till it feels really soft and flexible, then start streching it till it reaches the little pin.

Back