Question for customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villainsfan42

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have recently started customizing, and one of my biggest hangups is that i have no idea how to make a cast of something to make multiple versions. Could someone tell me how to do this, and/or different way of how to do this.

It would be much appreciated. Thank You.

I find that using two particular products, Siligum by Gedo (silicone rubber mold making putty) and Alumilite (liquid quick setting plastic mix) are ideal for small numbers of castings.
Tricky 3d shapes are difficult and require some practice as you may need to make more than one mold and casting, the fit the castings together like a model kit, but with practice this is an excellent way to start.
If you need the links to websites selling these products just Google them, or pm me.
Dizzy

Alumilite costs about £40 for the two 300ml bottles and you need about 10ml to cast a 1/6 scale head, it comes in different colours and has dyes you can mix in if you want to avoid painting. It can be sanded and takes acrylic and enamel paints well.
The Siligum is about £10 for a small pot (100 grams I think) and £20 for a large pot (300g), and you simply rub an even amount of the white and blue together, squash it over the piece you are casting and 5 mins later you have your mold.
I you want to make more complex molds or do large runs the Alumilite site has products and instructions.
Dizzy:google

Back