Question for All Customizers of RAH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da Bronx Commando

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is really for those of us who try to do our customs as close to the original 3 3/4 figures. So most of the figures came with backpacks that fit in a hole in the back of the figure via a peg. Therefore, no shoulder straps. So my question is this, do you feel the backpack is a vital part of the figure? Do you add the backpack or leave it out? To me, it depends on the character. Some backpacks are important to the character. Just want to know what you guys think.

I'm not that regimented on my customs, and I agree on backpack inclusion only when it absolutely makes the character. Even Sideshow wasn't that specific when producing the line.

Breaker and Dial Tone are examples where the backpack is important. Without the comms gear (especially Breaker), it is a lot harder to distinguish them as characters. But others like Flint don't have that issue.

If it serves their function, they need it. Otherwise I won't bother.

84 Firefly? Yes
82 Stalker? No

Likewise, it depends on the figure. There are characters that the backpack straps are implied, and on a real person they'd be there. Blowtorch, the Drednoks, Mainframe, Lifeline and Dial Tone are a few.

Then there are some, like Quick Kick, that pack straps would just throw the look off, so you need to be creative.

John

Yeah pretty much that's the case. Only if it helps define the character or if you feel it does or doesn't. Like I felt my Airborne wouldn't be himself without it. With Duke it was just because I thought the original toy and art looked so cool. He was never shown with it in the show or rarely in the comic.

Back