Question about the MJ comiquette for all the sideshow vets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K_C

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey, what's up? Newbie here. I just started collecting. Now that I have my own place, I have the luxury of having a lot more space to work with. I have a "home office" type of room that's also going to serve as my geek shrine. :google

I decided to start my collection with the AH comiquette line...unfortunately, a little too late. I had to get Emma off eBay and I missed the train on MJ. Didn't make the same mistake with Black Cat though. So for all of you with wait list experience, is it even worth being on the wait list for MJ? I'm asking because I only just went on the sideshow exclusive wait list last week. Considering how much attention the statue is getting, I'm wondering whether or not I should just plan on having to buy off eBay again. Thanks in advance.

:banghead I figured. I was hoping one of y'all would help me keep hope alive that I'm not gonna have to spend double the money getting her on the secondary. Thanks though.

:banghead I figured. I was hoping one of y'all would help me keep hope alive that I'm not gonna have to spend double the money getting her on the secondary. Thanks though.

You never know, but with all the hoopla surrounding this one I doubt you will get an exclusive off the wait list.

I bet you will have to spend close to 3 times the money on ebay since this one has received so much attention. I know how you feel though because I have been late on many things...sadly. :( Doom pf being one of them.

I wouldn't abandon all hope just yet, Emma Exclusives do pop up here on the board from time to time at a reasonable price, not all folks are out to scalp you *cough* Bannister *cough*...J/K :D :lol

I would get on the wait list and try to find one near retail that way if you get a convert you could sell one.
Good luck.

Get on the waitlist but don't trust in it too much. The hype around it could really send this one through the roof. I have an extra regular that I could be willing to let go of (for the right price of course):monkey1

I wouldn't abandon all hope just yet, Emma Exclusives do pop up here on the board from time to time at a reasonable price, not all folks are out to scalp you *cough* Bannister *cough*...J/K :D :lol

I don't scalp everybody, just people I don't like. It is just too bad that I don't like that many people.:monkey5

I don't scalp everybody, just people I don't like. It is just too bad that I don't like that many people.:monkey5

:lol Y'all go easy on me when I'm looking for MJ next month...I'm a great guy...I recycle and hold doors for old ladies.:D

I got my SS Exclusive Emma for 230 (with shipping) on eBay...can only imagine how much MJ is gonna run. I'm aiming for the exclusive editions too. Thanks for the feedback everyone...it's appreciated.

Eli, I'm pretty sure Sept. is when she's being shipped...think I saw it in a Sideshow newsletter just recently.

:lol Y'all go easy on me when I'm looking for MJ next month...I'm a great guy...I recycle and hold doors for old ladies.:D

I got my SS Exclusive Emma for 230 (with shipping) on eBay...can only imagine how much MJ is gonna run. I'm aiming for the exclusive editions too. Thanks for the feedback everyone...it's appreciated.

Eli, I'm pretty sure Sept. is when she's being shipped...think I saw it in a Sideshow newsletter just recently.

Good price! She was going for 350 US at one point. I think with SDCC 07 and it being Summer has slowed people down from buying certain pieces that are available right now. Everyone wants to lock down onto the preorders and get them at MRSP prices vs. secondary market (eBay) prices. Oh had I wished I paid the 125 US price for my Emma. hehe

So do I actually. But I also flip, which means I secured my place in hell long ago.

The newsletter said in September

I was getting ready to say the same thing. Hopefully they mean the first week in Sept. since I'll get to meet Adam at the Baltimore Con and I'd like to have both prints for him to sign.

I was getting ready to say the same thing. Hopefully they mean the first week in Sept. since I'll get to meet Adam at the Baltimore Con and I'd like to have both prints for him to sign.

I also hope she will arrive in September. Adam Hughes is at a con in Belgium in October and I would like him to sign the prints and base as well.

That would be pretty cool!

Back