Question About Some Touch Up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HankTheTurtle

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I tried searching, but I didn't find anything that answered my question.

I just got my first HT figure (the Joker 2.0). I don't really want to do too much to it, but it's got some stray threads sticking out of the vest from the stitching on the snaps.

What's the best way to take care of that?

My first thought was to use some of that anti-fray stuff or clear nail polish to hold everything in place, but I'm afraid of discoloring the fabric.

Any suggestions?

If you don't want to snip them off, you could use a self thread needle and pull the threads into the seams. Pull the needle through, leaving the thread inside, out of sight.

If you don't want to snip them off, you could use a self thread needle and pull the threads into the seams. Pull the needle through, leaving the thread inside, out of sight.

I would snip them, but I'm worried that might cause them to come out completely. I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if I have to re-stitch it.

You can also use Matte Varnish on them to hold them in place. I sometimes put that over the buttons that are glued on shirts to also help hold them in place. Not too much though or it will look like you have snot on your clothing.

Back