Question about premium format vs comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundamric

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys I have yet another question kind of new in the hobby I plan to get several of my favorite marvel characters as statues i have some premium formats already but some of the characters I would like to get do not have a premium format or will probably never get one but have comiquette releases but from what I have read premium formats are 1/4 scale and comiquette are 1/5 scale my questions are as follow.

1. Are all comiquettes 1/5 and all premium format 1/4 scale?

2. Can you really see the difference in scale between them when they are displayed together? (Would love to see some pictures of pf spiderman next to comiquette venom)

Thanks for everybody's input on this subject comparison pictures of pf and comiquettes standing next to each other on a display would be greatly appreciated the reason why I'm asking this because if there is a big enough reason I might just collect comiquettes instead of premium formats because they look correct together once thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

With some of the older pieces it's quite confusing as some comiquettes are 1/4 scale. SS has since rebranded anything that they now make 1/4 scale (whether mixed media or not) as Premium Format. The now legendary Venom comiquette is 1/4 scale. And, yes, you can see the difference. 1/4 and 1/5 scale pieces do not look quite right displayed together.

With some of the older pieces it's quite confusing as some comiquettes are 1/4 scale. SS has since rebranded anything that they now make 1/4 scale (whether mixed media or not) as Premium Format. The now legendary Venom comiquette is 1/4 scale. And, yes, you can see the difference. 1/4 and 1/5 scale pieces do not look quite right displayed together.

Well that's awesome news about the venom how can you tell if a comiquette is 1/4 scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Unfortunately, your best bet is just to ask on here. Find the thread for the pieces you want to know about and post in there. There aren't many comiquettes that are 1/4. Anything specific you want to know? I'll respond whether I know or not.

Here's all the 1/4 or really close to 1/4 comiquette.

Rhino Comi'
1st Spider-Man Comi'
Carnage Comi'
Venom Comi'
Back in Black, Iron Spidey Comi' (you can get away with displaying this with the others because it's close enough)

Silver Surfer Comi'
Punisher Comi' (this one is really boarderline 1/4, 1/5 scale)
Namor Comi'
Man Thing Comi' (But this one has no legs)

As for Marvel that's pretty much all the one's that are 1/4 scale or really close to it.

I wouldn't go 1:5 scale, the line is a disaster, sideshow seemingly ditched it once then bought it back with a tiny Ultron, and since then nothing. The few heavy hitters that are in the line most of those are 1:4. Such an unnecessary scale in every way....

Someone will chime in that Punisher is 20" tall soon and 1:4..... :thud:

I wouldn't go 1:5 scale, the line is a disaster, sideshow seemingly ditched it once then bought it back with a tiny Ultron, and since then nothing. The few heavy hitters that are in the line most of those are 1:4. Such an unnecessary scale in every way....

Someone will chime in that Punisher is 20" tall soon and 1:4..... :thud:

There's no way it is :lol

If you put the Punisher Com next to the 1/4 Deadpool PF then he looks perfect. He is just a tad shorter. Some of the 1/4 pieces are actually larger than 1/4 scale (the original Spidey Com) and some are slightly smaller (the Green Lantern PF). When Frank is displayed next to DP, BiB Spidey, or the GL PF he looks OK. He is NOT 1/4 scale but next to those 1/4 pieces he doesn't look so out of place. It all depends on who you display him with. I have Frank next to Deadpool and they look great together. The scale difference is negligible and really not an issue. I don't have Cap or the Red Skull but I do have all of the other 1/4 pieces I mentioned and Frank looks good with them. Regardless, I do wish SSC would have stuck to 1/4 scale for all of their pieces. It would have made life easier for people who want a uniform look to their collection.

Another question regarding this subject (scale) : what scale are Thanos and Mistress Death Diorama and Stealth Iron Man ?

Back