Statue Question about Faux Bronze Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elenion

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Is it normal to have green mold (or rust?) on faux bronze statue in various places?

My guess is the green is just a 'patina'. It adds to the illusion that the statue is actually bronze. Which statue are you referring to?

Faux bronze Orc statue by WETA

Oh snap! You get a real one? I have every SideShow Blizzard Statue. Need that thing...maybe Only reason, I've held off is an orc wolf rider is not a unit in WarCraft 3 nor a class in WOW. Green on faux bronze? green on FAUX bronze? FAUX?

faux (adj): imitation

It's fake so why would it be green? Sure, they could try and fake weathering but think for a second and you will realize, for so many reasons, they would never do that.

Gratz on the statue btw. Was wondering what exactly is "WETA"?

SS has done exactly that with a number of their faux bronze star wars pieces, so I would assume the same would hold true for WETA.

SS has done exactly that with a number of their faux bronze star wars pieces, so I would assume the same would hold true for WETA.

Yea, I saw couple of pictures people took theirs on flickr and it seemed to have patina effect as well.
I don't have draenei vs blood elf diorama statue but I'm not really interested in that piece fortunately.

Also, does it look consistent in star wars faux bronze statues? or is the green effect bit more unique per statue?

Last edited:
Yea, I saw couple of pictures people took theirs on flickr and it seemed to have patina effect as well.
I don't have draenei vs blood elf diorama statue but I'm not really interested in that piece fortunately.

Also, does it look consistent in star wars faux bronze statues? or is the green effect bit more unique per statue?

the green effect is unique to each statue I believe.

Back