Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
East coast reporting in with the Queen in the nest - she's brilliant! Other than a slight eye misalignment, everything was perfect... considering all the things that could have gone wrong, she's just amazing from head to toe. Some glamour shots to try to do her justice...

Gethsemoni 2 sm.jpg

Gethsemoni 1 sm.jpg

Gethsemoni 3 sm.jpg

Gethsemoni 5 sm.jpg

Gethsemoni 6 sm.jpg

Gethsemoni 7 sm.jpg

I am glad I didn't post any photo's as my photography skills and video skills are quite shocking. I did video my unboxing though

-

it's not a review so didn't feel it was for the review video section, just a queen unboxing :)

Polystone is plastic just mixed with stone.

Raptor Jesus, not this crap again. This is a millenia-old argument. Nobody cares if technically "polystone is a plastic material", polystone is polystone, plastic (aka, PVC or ABS) is plastic. What people mean by saying that they feel like cheap plastic is that they feel like PVC or ABS rather than actual resin/polystone/whatever.
I don't understand why people feel compelled to periodically appear smart know-hows and feel the need to give replies that lack the basics of common sense.
Whatever.

Raptor Jesus, not this crap again. This is a millenia-old argument. Nobody cares if technically "polystone is a plastic material", polystone is polystone, plastic (aka, PVC or ABS) is plastic. What people mean by saying that they feel like cheap plastic is that they feel like PVC or ABS rather than actual resin/polystone/whatever.
I don't understand why people feel compelled to periodically appear smart know-hows and feel the need to give replies that lack the basics of common sense.
Whatever.

Nice reply.

I just rolled my eyes and sighed to be honest - basically took the lazy route.

Whatever.

And nobody cares that you feel the need to reiterate, emphasize, and interpret what other people say and mean like it was only you who understood it.

Whatever.
WOW! People get so uptight on here over the silliest things. I was the one that had originally said the base and demons are made of plastic. ob1ob had posted that the demons feel more like polystone. I wasn't trying to upstage anyone or sound more intelligent. I was just trying to point out that the base and demons are made of plastic in case someone wanted to know before they bought it. I never said they "feel" like plastic I said they are made of plastic. Just in case someone didn't know what polystone is I replied to ob1ob's post merely pointing out that polystone is still plastic not some new wave statue material. So if someone that saw the post, didn't want a statue with a plastic base and demons wouldn't think "oh I'll buy it cause it's not plastic it's polystone". If ob1ob or anyone else took offense to that I apologize. I was just trying to be informative to someone who wanted to know details about the statue from someone that had it in hand before they purchased it cause after all isn't that one of the things this forum is for? I also think the statue is beautiful (plastic parts or not) as I said before. I just thought it was a cheap way to go to make the base and demons out of plastic especially from their own line.

Yeah, I apologise if I came up like that, but I've read that same thing N times recently (mostly due to Man of Steel PF, as some sort of excuse) and it got my nerves. It's more or less like if anytime someone talks of "collectibles" here, someone else had to came up explaining that technically these are not even true collectibles but mass produced items, or that actually this isn't considered "art" but "high end toys", or things like that. Basically every thread would turn into an endless rant about semantics.
By the way, sorry marvelous, I see it wasn't your intention. Good news is my period should end in around 14 hours :)

Mine is arriving today...
Both excited and scared, can't wait to have her, but I don't want any **** ups...
Butterfly's in stomach...
It's gonna be like this for every statue I order isn't it?

Every. single. time. :lol We all cross our fingers and knock on wood when we open a new box. However, the joy of getting one without flaws can't be measured, especially when you've had to deal with getting a replacement a couple times.

It's the Sideshow way of collecting. :(

WOW! People get so uptight on here over the silliest things. I was the one that had originally said the base and demons are made of plastic. ob1ob had posted that the demons feel more like polystone. I wasn't trying to upstage anyone or sound more intelligent. I was just trying to point out that the base and demons are made of plastic in case someone wanted to know before they bought it. I never said they "feel" like plastic I said they are made of plastic. Just in case someone didn't know what polystone is I replied to ob1ob's post merely pointing out that polystone is still plastic not some new wave statue material. So if someone that saw the post, didn't want a statue with a plastic base and demons wouldn't think "oh I'll buy it cause it's not plastic it's polystone". If ob1ob or anyone else took offense to that I apologize. I was just trying to be informative to someone who wanted to know details about the statue from someone that had it in hand before they purchased it cause after all isn't that one of the things this forum is for? I also think the statue is beautiful (plastic parts or not) as I said before. I just thought it was a cheap way to go to make the base and demons out of plastic especially from their own line.

The little beastly's feel like polystone to me. They dont feel like little plastic figures at all.

The Queen is something else. I only had her since Friday, and she is already the center point of my collection. Anyone coming into the room is drawn to her like she is somehow calling out to them. She is one beautiful and alluring statue. She has both presents and attitude. I love the look on her face, that of ambition and strength. Her pose, which is both regal and sensuous. To call her just another T&A piece would be wrong, there is much more to her than that, Her appeal has many layers and is complex. There is something about her you just can't characterize. I'm totally enamored with her.

My advice to Sideshow, be very vigilant with this line, tighten up your QC. You hit a homerun here. Keep it going with the rest of the court, and people will be handing you much money. For those still on the fence, it's time to jump in, you won't regret it.

Now alone, with the house quiet. I start to hear a eerily melodious voice singing to me, and as I am once again drawn up the stairs, the words of an old poem pop into my head

'Tis then I fall beneath the magic of your spell,
'Tis then I know the vantage is not mine.

ALL HAIL GETHSEMONI.....THE QUEEN OF THE DEAD!!

QUEen.jpg

:wink1:

Queen arrived Friday, a few flaws, emailed SS got a response in a couple hours that a new body will be sent, and the usual how to destroy tithe 1st one.

Back