Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same answer about my Catwoman with wonky eyes. I didn't push it because I fixed them with decals and it looks way better, but I was disappointed in their response. For the money we spend it shouldn't be luck of the draw for getting a good piece. SS has definitely let their QC slip and you now have to fight with them to get them to offer credit or a replacement. I know I'm just one guy but I spend a lot of money through their website and would like to know I can always count on them for getting a quality collectible. Right now I'm still gambling on them but I don't know how many more chances I can give.

Here's my problem: I'm collecting the females from this line but the Queen is the lynchpin for me. For me the Court of the Dead absolutely needs the Queen in order to work on my shelf. She's arriving tomorrow. If I get one with multiple quality control issues and Sideshow tells me they don't have any replacements, I'll return it for a refund and then I'll be forced to cancel Death's Siren and Kier as well. That would be the end of my Court of the Dead collecting, and maybe the end of my Sideshow collecting as well. I don't have much room for statues and only have plans for a collection of about eight to ten. That's the Buffy PF I already have, The green Poison Ivy PF I just got, the Court of the Dead women, and a Harley PF and hopefully a Batwoman PF sometime down the road. But the Court of the Dead were really going to be the jewels of my collection. If I can't have them I might just cut my losses on Sideshow statues and concentrate on my Hot Toys figures instead. You know what's nice about Hot Toys figures? You almost never have to worry about crap like this.

Do you have an lcs where you can see her in person before you buy? My lcs let me open the box and inspect the statue to make sure everything was okay before I bought it.

Well as an international customer I didn't get much change from $600 for the statue, (shipping and exchange rate). That's a lot to pay for and you hope that the company you buy from matches the quality assurance with that price. The last thing you want to hear when you get one with an obvious flaw is "Well we expect every other one to be like that or worse so take it or leave it'. Well it's not just 'take it or leave it' I was planning to get nine of their court of the dead pf's and the Queen is a centre piece in all that. Nine of them at a hell of a cost...about $5500 on the low estimate. For that kind of money I don't want to hear "Take it or leave it" I want to hear "We are very sorry that you received one with a flaw, we will personally thoroughly check over a replacement body for you and have it shipped as soon as possible, oh and as a long term customer we would like to also offer you a $50 voucher towards your next purchase. Have a wonderful day Sir"

Well as an international customer I didn't get much change from $600 for the statue, (shipping and exchange rate). That's a lot to pay for and you hope that the company you buy from matches the quality assurance with that price. The last thing you want to hear when you get one with an obvious flaw is "Well we expect every other one to be like that or worse so take it or leave it'. Well it's not just 'take it or leave it' I was planning to get nine of their court of the dead pf's and the Queen is a centre piece in all that. Nine of them at a hell of a cost...about $5500 on the low estimate. For that kind of money I don't want to hear "Take it or leave it" I want to hear "We are very sorry that you received one with a flaw, we will personally thoroughly check over a replacement body for you and have it shipped as soon as possible, oh and as a long term customer we would like to also offer you a $50 voucher towards your next purchase. Have a wonderful day Sir"

Have to agree with you, not a great response. Mine arrives tomorrow and I am also an International customer so feel your pain with all of the extra charges incurred. Any defect at all is not your problem and you should not have to live with it even if it's on her back and your not very often going to see it. A refund at the product cost is not really a good deal as you will lose the import duties and VAT etc you have paid so the only solution is to get a replacement really. I hope that they sort you out properly. I get the vibe that we often turn a blind eye to imperfections, maybe if we all continually sent back the faulty items SS might take a different stance with the QC as they would start feeling the cost of replacing.

ahh well. I'll cross my fingers for my arrival tomorrow.

Have to agree with you, not a great response. Mine arrives tomorrow and I am also an International customer so feel your pain with all of the extra charges incurred. Any defect at all is not your problem and you should not have to live with it even if it's on her back and your not very often going to see it. A refund at the product cost is not really a good deal as you will lose the import duties and VAT etc you have paid so the only solution is to get a replacement really. I hope that they sort you out properly. I get the vibe that we often turn a blind eye to imperfections, maybe if we all continually sent back the faulty items SS might take a different stance with the QC as they would start feeling the cost of replacing.

ahh well. I'll cross my fingers for my arrival tomorrow.

Cheers :) and best of luck to you!. Even with my off centre back tat I am very happy with the rest of the statue, I shouldn't have to settle for that but I can't help but adore the statue all the same :) I've been looking at it off to the side of my work desk all day and it's all kinds of awesome. Can't wait for the rest :)

Playing with the blanket thingy...am sure there's a correct term for it :) Liking the fall of it now :) 10997_10203743272803874_3551178926691329035_n.jpg

Do you have an lcs where you can see her in person before you buy? My lcs let me open the box and inspect the statue to make sure everything was okay before I bought it.

Unfortunately I don't...my Queen arrives today and I'm hoping for some good luck. If not someone at Sideshow is gonna get an earful.

I still can't believe Sideshow is telling people they have no replacements that are better than a defective model. I can't wait for them to try telling me that. I have zero tolerance for bad customer service or inept quality control.

Honestly, if nothing else they should evaluate the issue(s), then either have the factory remake the piece or accept the defect in house and repair shipping back to you your piece. Just my opinion.

I got mine this morning. Seems like China cant even get the decals right wtf!? She's a beautiful piece. Paint apps are great, eyes arent googley. Sculpt is perfect. I also got what appears to look like razor blades slashes on her lower back. My base has broken polystone rattling around inside, which Ive heard others complain about as well. I have paint chips on the top of the base. And the creature behind her leg with the dagger, his feet wont sit flush. I put in a replacement request right away. I hope this is just an isolated few. But other than that, I think its a keeper...IF you get a good one. Do NOT accept a partial refund if they cant get a replacement for you, if this happens to any of you that gets this like this. Ill be returning mine if they cant replace it.

10985367_681488578626875_4432659205587348609_n.jpg

1378553_681488565293543_1183808417962343837_n.jpg

1506580_681488575293542_2425492679251410071_n.jpg

11002630_681488595293540_8785682644658238273_n.jpg

I got mine in just a bit ago! She is phenomenal. Absolutely love her. This makes me even more excited for the other Court pieces I have on order.

The Queen has arrived!!! :blissy Just picked up # 828 from the UPS store. However real life calls right now, so I will be unboxing her and posting pictures later on tonight. Hoping she will be perfect.

Q1.jpg

Received mine today. #446. Not too happy with the eyes. I also have the off centered tattoo. And one of the tassels is broken off her crown. I also can't get her front foot to stay in the whole because its not lined up right.

20150213_183711.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150213_183704.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] [/IMG]
20150213_1729301.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150213_173025.jpg
[/URL]

Okay! open the box and the first thing I saw were two tassels off her crown laying in the bottom of the Styrofoam. :horror

Q2.jpg

After my heart started again, and I examined her. It looks like they were never glued in, and should be an easy fix. Like others have posted, I had a little trouble seating the Queen and her minion's in the base. But after carefully polishing the posts with my Dremel, and a dab of baby oil on each. Everything seated correctly.

The newly arrived Queen sizing up her competition. Looks like a girl fight might break out! Hellboy is watching and hoping some tops will get ripped off. yeah baby!!

Q3.jpg

Paint on the face looks great (she had a little dirt on her face that I notice after I look at the pictures but a quick wipe took care of that). Eyes look pretty much straight, a little bloodshot, but hey! She's dead.

Q4.jpg

Her tassels are swept back on mine, and want to stay that way. although they seem flexible, they quickly return back to their original position when I try to move them down. Again not a big deal. But after looking at the prototype picture and the picture on the box. Seem like they are suppose to be that way.

Q5.jpg

Q16.jpg

Q6.jpg

Tats looks to be just a bit off :tap

Q7.jpg

And DAT ASS!!

Q8.jpg

The Queen in her glory.

Q9.jpg

Q10.jpg

Q11.jpg

Q12.jpg

Q1a.jpg

Q14.jpg

QC 15.jpg

Overall she looks great, and I'm really happy with her, a good start to the line. The tassels/crown issue is minor and easily fixed. Since it has been a long day. It's best to take care of that tomorrow when I'm fresh. As for the Tattoo, I'm probably being very picky. It's just looks a tad off close up . Nowhere near as bad as others have gotten. I can live with it. But I so wanted her to be perfect! :wink1:

Back