Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they look lovely together, you got a really beautiful face, i can understand why you'd want to paint the split decal yourself.

It's a slight disconnect, and I think it will be more noticeable once the other pieces start rolling out.

Hey everyone....here are some pics. As I said before paint up is great. I had a scuff on calf but as you can see...a #2 eraser works miracles.

I have a slight concern and was wondering if any of you have the appearance of a slight lean from Queen? I can't tell if she is supposed to stand like this or if she is supposed to be as though she is upright.

Need a little help.

qskpck.jpg

2qiydmr.jpg

148q2e1.jpg

muvj0h.jpg

20sd748.jpg

2ntjntl.jpg

14adf6s.jpg

2yuhe2d.jpg

eamxao.jpg

2n8sard.jpg

xle6qh.jpg

Ok so I took a couple more pics and can indeed see more problems. The tattoo is really off center....and the feet don't go in all the way. From the other angle not pictured it looks like her foot goes all the way on the base. Further pics show she doesn't. Time to contact SS!

vqnvq0.jpg

i38do9.jpg

34o7msh.jpg

Tattoo off center is really a mess. I'd try for another

That tattoo doesn't bother me in the slightest. But the feet not in the peg wholes enough do. It's what's causing your lean I'd say. I would try to find a way to work them down more. Find where it's catching and file the peg hole or the peg itself down some in that area. Use some lubricant to get it to go in further.

Other than that, she looks great!

For those that have it in hand, I keep hearing the base is very light.

Is it PVC? or just thin cast poly-stone?

Tattoo off center is really a mess. I'd try for another

Agreed. If that were mine, it would be going back for a replacement. The tattoos are one of my favorite details on this piece. Having them off center would be disappointing.

Well I just got an official reply to my off centre back tat...

Unfortunately, we do not have any replacements that will be any improvement from the current piece that you have and would hate to ship out a replacement only to have it arrive in the same condition; or possibly worse than you currently have. I do apologize for this and if you are still not satisfied with the item, you are more than welcome to return it for a refund for the product price. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Please feel free to contact us further should you have any question, concerns or if you’d like to purchase a product.

Thank You,

James Cheung
Customer Service Representative
1604646_10203727726975238_2489150429203790164_n.jpg

Unfortunately, we do not have any replacements that will be any improvement from the current piece that you have and would hate to ship out a replacement only to have it arrive in the same condition; or possibly worse than you currently have. I do apologize for this and if you are still not satisfied with the item, you are more than welcome to return it for a refund for the product price. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Please feel free to contact us further should you have any question, concerns or if you’d like to purchase a product.

Thank You,

James Cheung
View attachment 165893

So SSC is basically saying to the factory, good work no need to fix your *****K up and remake these????

Thank You,

James Cheung
View attachment 165893

You need to push back on them. I got a similar e-mail with my CA. I politely, but firmly told them it was unacceptable. It took a bit but they came through in the end.

So SSC is basically saying to the factory, good work no need to fix your *****K up and remake these????

Pretty much. I think that was a really bad response on Sideshow's behalf. They’re actually going to say they have that little faith in their factory productions that even they don’t like my chances of getting anything better or possibly getting something worse! WTF?? They actually said that??. When I first read it I was well surprised that they would be so openly accepting of their bad QC. Then, after basically saying ‘look it’s the luck of the draw really and we’re not going to do anything about the ones that have an issue’ they end with Please feel free to contact us if you’d like to purchase a product. I’ve been collecting sideshow for 20yrs and I love em. All in all I love my Queen of the Dead statue, on the shelf I’m not going to see her back (I know it’s there I just have to deal with that) but sending out a dismissive ‘we really don’t give a ****’ email like that and then end it with oh would you like to buy more just left a bad taste in my mouth a little. I wrote back expressing my disappointment at their decision, sent more pics of good ones to compare and enquired if they’re going to cover the shipping costs to return if I decide to as I’m in Australia and don’t want to pay shipping yet again.

Here's my problem: I'm collecting the females from this line but the Queen is the lynchpin for me. For me the Court of the Dead absolutely needs the Queen in order to work on my shelf. She's arriving tomorrow. If I get one with multiple quality control issues and Sideshow tells me they don't have any replacements, I'll return it for a refund and then I'll be forced to cancel Death's Siren and Kier as well. That would be the end of my Court of the Dead collecting, and maybe the end of my Sideshow collecting as well. I don't have much room for statues and only have plans for a collection of about eight to ten. That's the Buffy PF I already have, The green Poison Ivy PF I just got, the Court of the Dead women, and a Harley PF and hopefully a Batwoman PF sometime down the road. But the Court of the Dead were really going to be the jewels of my collection. If I can't have them I might just cut my losses on Sideshow statues and concentrate on my Hot Toys figures instead. You know what's nice about Hot Toys figures? You almost never have to worry about crap like this.

Back