Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pfffttt...the Queen of the Dead doesn't concern herself with footwear. IF, she did, I think they would resemble bone like her headdress, have a section of spine for her heel.

To be honest, I don't order outside my core collections of Star Wars Mythos, Marvel comiquettes (now PFs) and DC PFs, but this piece is stunning.

My only concern, and it's a biggie, is paint. SS has failed hardcore at reproducing certain effects that are key to this reveal.

1. First,they can't get eyes right. Especially on women. Her eyes are key. The slightest mess up her will plummet this piece into full on fail.

2. Skin tones grading and shading effects have been lacking w SS. This piece, in the reveal, although pale skinned shows gradual shading and tone in her skin. I'm concerned SS won't be capable of doing this. Although a piece I love, I reckon her skin tone will come out much like poison ivys...a little on the flat side. I don't want to have to pay to repaintlike this to get it where I want...

I don't mean to be a downer but these are what I think are legit concerns given the SS track record. And given that, I think I'll wait for in-hand pics and pray there are a few left. The piece in the reveal looks stunning but I've learned my lesson on jumping into high detail intricate female pieces with SS head first.

wrong statue, poison ivy came out perfect, if you want to worry be concerned it doesn't come out ike rogue or spider woman .

on unrelated note is this a licensed piece ( what license? ) or ss original

I would be very happy if she was as good as my ivy anyway. Agree all the rogues seem to be consistently bad lol (btw if anyone knows a good UK or even European painter to repaint mine please PM me lol)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

33516.jpg

YEAH BABY

I see your spiked shoes there, and I raise you:

original.jpg

stella-mccartney-thigh-high-boots.jpg

thigh-high-boots-rachel-weisz_gHq5K_22975.jpg

And last but certainly not least, the McQueen Viper:

tumblr_m5kr63bkY71r67qauo1_1280.jpg

....all wicked enough for even the Queen of Hell. :yess:

I'd prefer Queen of the dead was wearing these shoes

"Battle of the Designer Heels" here only on Sideshow Freaks HAHAHA
That said, these are some Wicked looking shoes, WOW! and speaking of WOW! Rachel Weiss :drool.
I must agree with my Friend Ramatuelle on the Hello Kitty Pumps, that my Friend Frostlord can't color coordinate but it's just some Men my Dear HAHAHA

I submit these

wrong statue, poison ivy came out perfect, if you want to worry be concerned it doesn't come out ike rogue or spider woman .

on unrelated note is this a licensed piece ( what license? ) or ss original

Ivy was really bad painted

An ss original.
Can't wait to preorder Queen looks stunning.

Ivy was really the luck of the draw: maybe you got a good one. Maybe you got something painted by a first-grader, and broken on top of that.

I really have zero confidence that the paint apps on the Queen will be in line with the price-point. Still mulling it over.

But she turned out great :)

But hope this mark newman sculpt turns out as great as ivy, but again the production painter can't follow Kat Sapene awesome paint skills.

I can paint myself, I'm an artist. I am not worried about being able to fix a bad paint app; I just think I should not HAVE to redo a piece that costs in the neighborhood of $400.

Plus what about all those without the skills to fix bad paint? Kind of sucks for those people.

...Wonder if this will turn out as good as that Lady Death PF did.

I would hope that QOD would be better. Ss doesn't have to pay for the license for these characters. They should be able to put a higher production grade on these Court of the Dead statues

Back