Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True Alex but but its not the kids who are running the show...its the over 35 year old, over-the-hill, fat soccer mom with a moustache that objects to the nudity and youthful beauty of the statues

LOL ^^^ so true. Im only 20, but this statue would fit perfect in my collection room. (though im passing on her for Jack the ripper)

True Alex but but its not the kids who are running the show...its the over 35 year old, over-the-hill, fat soccer mom with a moustache that objects to the nudity and youthful beauty of the statues

Lol
Soccer moms with mustaches are not our target market :monkey1
I'm so sorry for those collectors who have significant others as described by you :lol

So is Sideshow really not going to give us any major horror characters like Myers in PF form anytime soon? The "queen" looks stunning but not enough to get my funds as I want some iconic horror characters for Spook. Heck, I'll take a zombie Jason. C'mon Sideshow give us Myers and Leatherface this year. Sorry, ranting. I like this piece but she would look great next to some major horror heavyweights that are known just imo :)

To be honest, I don't order outside my core collections of Star Wars Mythos, Marvel comiquettes (now PFs) and DC PFs, but this piece is stunning.

My only concern, and it's a biggie, is paint. SS has failed hardcore at reproducing certain effects that are key to this reveal.

1. First,they can't get eyes right. Especially on women. Her eyes are key. The slightest mess up her will plummet this piece into full on fail.

2. Skin tones grading and shading effects have been lacking w SS. This piece, in the reveal, although pale skinned shows gradual shading and tone in her skin. I'm concerned SS won't be capable of doing this. Although a piece I love, I reckon her skin tone will come out much like poison ivys...a little on the flat side. I don't want to have to pay to repaintlike this to get it where I want...

I don't mean to be a downer but these are what I think are legit concerns given the SS track record. And given that, I think I'll wait for in-hand pics and pray there are a few left. The piece in the reveal looks stunning but I've learned my lesson on jumping into high detail intricate female pieces with SS head first.

Last edited:
Mark newman told me, that ss is aware of the paint flaws and ss has taken steps, like the sculpt will be in more pieces to make the paint easy to put on, i expression my concern on that Kat has painted this and i will not pay john allred for this as well, he said i shall not be concern.

Mark newman told me, that ss is aware of the paint flaws and ss has taken steps, like the sculpt will be in more pieces to make the paint easy to put on, i expression my concern on that Kat has painted this and i will not pay john allred for this as well, he said i shall not be concern.

LOL bull****. Even if he told you that I guarantee it's going to be the same terrible QC song and dance just like usual

I can't get over how cool she looks with her hands on her hips. I feel as though that should have been the statue's pose too. Gives her a lot of attitude.

LOL bull****. Even if he told you that I guarantee it's going to be the same terrible QC song and dance just like usual

Mayby so, but marks work is still the best.
I paid almost 700$ just to get it painted.
So if you paid 1000$ you could get prototype.
I am mad, and wrote to them all how big a disappointment ivy was for me before repaint. The thing i am furyes about is, they show how great it can look, and makes us order it, to end up with and ugly final.
Just not okay.

Indeed the way Ivy came out was not okay at all. The difference between the finished product and the prototype were very extreme. Even on the ones not burdened with terrible QC, she just didn't look right.

LOL, you hit the nail on the head with this one. I see this type ALL the time at my job. Don't forget they all drive minivans too.

Back