Queen Fetal Maquettes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kavi

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I have noticed that people on a long abandoned topic have asked for pictures of the Palisades Alien Queen Chestburster and the SideShow Queen Fetal Maquette. I finally have received my maquette, and would like to share pictures of comparing them with you.

x53xpj.jpg

213qf4g.jpg

332baf4.jpg

14snlm1.jpg

2u6pu7q.jpg

In my opinion, I like the Palisades version in terms of how the head is shaped. I just don't like that fat edge on the Sideshow Queen. However, the Sideshow fetus has gone out and beyond in terms of painting. They definitely did not skimp out on the details. The craftsmanship is also pretty nice. However, I think that Palisades beats Sideshow when it comes to the statue as a whole.

I do not regret my decision on buying either of these. Just makes me wonder why there is an abundance of Palisades statues and a scarce amount of Sideshow Fetuses. The Sideshow fetus cost me around $60 extra from the normal $199, and the Palisades only cost me $81. Makes me curious as to why they wouldn't all be sold out.

If you do find a Sideshow Queen Fetal Maquette, I'd say it's definitely worth the buy. What are your guys' opinion on these two statues?

By the way, just have one other Chestburster I need to purchase to compare with these two beauties. This girl.

I collect only Terminator stuff, but I must admit, the Queen Fetal Maquette has been one of my most desired pieces. I simply love everything about it.
Who knows, maybe one day I actually get it.

I've got an artist proof of the palisades piece MIB that I'm trying to sell for $75 shipped. Picked it up when it was new and it's really a wonderful little piece. It really doesn't go with the rest of my collection anymore though so I'm letting it go.

Palisades maquette seems to have more paint and sculpt details, but it seems the SSC maquette is the more imposing piece. Great shots! Love seeing these two next to eachother. Really makes you appreciate both for their own individual qualities.

You can't really beat the SS one. It is a cast of the prop they used for the movie poster and it has an awesome paint job. Mine has a ____house magnet and fell over and chipped. I am getting it bronzed next month.

You can't really beat the SS one. It is a cast of the prop they used for the movie poster and it has an awesome paint job. Mine has a ____house magnet and fell over and chipped. I am getting it bronzed next month.

You should post pictures of it. I've never really seen a bronzed statue before.

Thanks for the comparison. The SS fetal maquette is life-size, right? I really like the Palisades piece and i keep it.

But maybe the SS piece would get better along with the 1:1 Queen Facehugger:

14380502.jpg

The SS one would probably fit perfect in scale. Do u also have the hugger for comparison?

Hmm, but I'm not really a fan of the paintjob on the SS one, it looks a bit dull, bright and not so glossy.

Thanks for the comparison. The SS fetal maquette is life-size, right? I really like the Palisades piece and i keep it.

But maybe the SS piece would get better along with the 1:1 Queen Facehugger:

14380502.jpg

The SS one would probably fit perfect in scale. Do u also have the hugger for comparison?

Hmm, but I'm not really a fan of the paintjob on the SS one, it looks a bit dull, bright and not so glossy.

I was slightly disappointed by it's paint job as well. I wanted it to be shiny and silver like in the presentation pictures. ):

I'm looking forward to buying the facehugger. I just have to save up. Jesus, though! It looks huge! Might have to move some things around to accompany it. I mean, I have just a huge clone replica that they used in the A:R movie, but it takes up so much room, I don't really have any space for life-sized things anymore. /:

Back