Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

image.jpeg
We should start a caption contest for this pict.

Ill start it off.

"Usually I like my woman green but I'll make an exception for you princess."
"Dr. McCoy says you have a massive midichlorian infestation. But I use protection"
"Bones says your DNA structure won't allow to grow old gracefully. But you're hot now so...."

"What're your intentions with my daughter?"
image.jpeg

"You complete me."
image.jpeg

Last edited:

I took a minute to check the head sculpt....while technically not broken the fit on the peg isn't secure. The head connection is really loose and doesn't take much effort to pop off. Really disappointed especially with it being Kirk :(

Luckily the head on mine was attached. But it was a bit wobbly. I was concerned at first, but popped it out and then back in and now it's staying in place. What an excellent figure! Spock delivering tomorrow. Funny they got separated despite shipping same day.

I love the pics of Kirk and/or Spock with other 1/6 figures like Hot Toys - keep them coming :)

I received Kirk today and was so happy that I had to snap a few quick shots with my phone. Kirk and Spock look 100% better than this pic though.
I tried a few poses but I think the Captain looks most at home in his chair :)
28519161711_a45c6849e2_k.jpg

I just wanted to post to give a big Thank You to Nanjin and QMX for providing me with the best Kirk and Spock I have ever owned.

I have been through many customs in addition to the Playmates 1/6 figures. Heck I even owned the 1/6 Mego TMP figures.

I have owned the Scifi Metropolis Spock, Scotty and McCoy (which were way too large).
WGP Kirk (which is still an amazing sculpt but was produced too small).
Nanjin 1.0 and Nanjin 1.0 with Spenser sculpts (which were great for it's time).

I am very much looking forward to upgrading the rest of my crew with the QMX versions.
I would even love to see a neckless variant of Kirk wearing his wrap around green shirt.
Dress uniforms would also be great as I feel myself going broke thinking about the possibilites.

They look fantastic! Congrats on getting these. I'm hoping the timing will work out so I can get the WOK versions. There were just too many releases this year to save for these ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 281389
We should start a caption contest for this pict.

Ill start it off.

"Usually I like my woman green but I'll make an exception for you princess."
"Dr. McCoy says you have a massive midichlorian infestation. But I use protection"
"Bones says your DNA structure won't allow to grow old gracefully. But you're hot now so...."

"What're your intentions with my daughter?"
View attachment 281391

"You complete me."
View attachment 281390
:rotfl
I don't think I could've come up with a funnier caption!
Love the image with Vader! I'll see if I can get Kirk in a similar position later.
And I didn't know Kirk and Leia meet in real life. Apparently Bill and Carrie have been having a friendly "feud" between them for years.

I asked about my shipping : they are being sent from China, CHINA!!! Oh wait, I live in China - haha!!!
It's always a pleasure when dealing with Nanjin- a genuinely nice and helpful guy.

Love the pics of Kirk and Spock AlanJG1! That Command Chair is just beautiful!

I received Kirk today and was so happy that I had to snap a few quick shots with my phone. Kirk and Spock look 100% better than this pic though.
I tried a few poses but I think the Captain looks most at home in his chair :)
28519161711_a45c6849e2_k.jpg

I just wanted to post to give a big Thank You to Nanjin and QMX for providing me with the best Kirk and Spock I have ever owned.

I have been through many customs in addition to the Playmates 1/6 figures. Heck I even owned the 1/6 Mego TMP figures.

I have owned the Scifi Metropolis Spock, Scotty and McCoy (which were way too large).
WGP Kirk (which is still an amazing sculpt but was produced too small).
Nanjin 1.0 and Nanjin 1.0 with Spenser sculpts (which were great for it's time).

I am very much looking forward to upgrading the rest of my crew with the QMX versions.
I would even love to see a neckless variant of Kirk wearing his wrap around green shirt.
Dress uniforms would also be great as I feel myself going broke thinking about the possibilites.

Great pic! How's the body on these? Any need to look for a relacement?

Great pic! How's the body on these? Any need to look for a relacement?

Body is fine. Better than Sideshow, about on par with Hot Toys TrueType imo. Good proportions and ease of posing.

Thanks guys.
While the necks are a little loose, they hold their position. The rest of the bodies are tight so their is no need to replace.
I don't think their is a body available where Kirk can cross his legs in the chair like on the show and still look good.
Besides, thanks to Nanjin's devotion to Trek, the bodies are scaled correctly with Spock being taller than Kirk.

While I think the body works great for Kirk and captures his wide stance really well, I'm not sure it works as well for Spock myself. And I think I might try switching to another, more narrow body at some point.

While I think the body works great for Kirk and captures his wide stance really well, I'm not sure it works as well for Spock myself. And I think I might try switching to another, more narrow body at some point.
I'll find out today about him.

Those nips need to come off. :)
This is what bothers me the most, lol. Might try putting something over them. Surprised they let these release with nipples showing through lol.

Back