Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

I got these out of their boxes and they are stunning.

One question to those that also received theirs:

Do these figures seem just a tad too tall in comparison to other 1/6 figures?

The specs on QMx's website have him listed as 11.81", however I have him measured at being over 12" from the top of his head to the bottom of his shoe heel...probably closer to 12 3/8". So yes he is definitely going to be taller than some 1/6 figures depending upon the body and outfit you are measuring against.

So how tall is the Kirk figure (listed as 11.42" on the site)? If the full height of the shoe heal is 3/8" (2.25" @ 1:1) then Spock's height sounds pretty good - Nimoy at 6'. But it doesn't look like the shoes add the 3/8" in the recent photos.

Probably best to keep the Trek figures together and not posed along other lines in any case. Looks like they're going to be on top of keeping the TOS line in scale across the various figures within it.

Last edited:

This is the first figure I've purchased from QMx and I have to say I'm very happy with the body as it is quite sturdy and I've had no problem with the articulation and swapping out of the hands.

I'm still not sure I'd vote for the solid head/neck combo, but it probably makes the most sense for any figures being produced from the original three seasons given the simple nature of their uniforms and how low the neck line falls their uniforms.

Yay Spock shipped too. Both arriving on Wednesday.

This is the first figure I've purchased from QMx and I have to say I'm very happy with the body as it is quite sturdy and I've had no problem with the articulation and swapping out of the hands.

I'm still not sure I'd vote for the solid head/neck combo, but it probably makes the most sense for any figures being produced from the original three seasons given the simple nature of their uniforms and how low the neck line falls their uniforms.

Yeah it's a shame HT and Sideshow can't make their hands as soft and easy to swap out as QMx or Big Chief's. It saves a whole lot of time and stress.

I got these out of their boxes and they are stunning.

One question to those that also received theirs:

Do these figures seem just a tad too tall in comparison to other 1/6 figures?

The image I posted earlier is Spock standing on a HT SW stand, Spock is a little taller than Solo here:
Spock- Meet Solo 004.jpg

Last edited:

I noticed the belt nicely wrapped on the inside of the box, but no note, what did it say? This is a great figure, I get Kirk today. :clap

I included a picture of it earlier in the thread. The other side just has QMX's logo:
QMX Spock 002.jpg

Last edited:

Well until some better photographers come along, here's a few pics of mine. And while there are a few minor nitpicks, for the most part I'm really damn happy with the two and think they look fantastic. :D

Kirk in particular just looks amazing and was sculpted with the absolute perfect expression. My only real issue is that in profile he has a surprisingly short chin, which kinda makes you want to avoid angling his head up too much. But it's not really that big a deal in the end. I do think the hair needs to be a bit darker on the sides, and his chest broadened a bit more, but that should be easy enough to fix later.

With Spock I admit I was taken aback at first by how much, well... lumpier his face appears in hand. A lot of the details appear accurate to Nimoy, but they've been way over-exaggerated on the sculpt for some reason, which means you have to be a lot more careful about how you light it so you don't bring that out too much. But once you do that I think the sculpt works pretty well.

The outfits look incredible though and really make up for any other problems I might have. The only thing people really need to watch out for are the braids on the arm. They're glued on and can be shifted loose if you're not careful, and one of mine had actually slipped down quite a bit before opening the box (probably because of the crazy heat today). But thankfully it was easy to move back into place.

20160725_183150 (609x900).jpg
20160725_183103 (900x837).jpg
20160725_183233 (900x643).jpg

And here's Kirk under his patented Kirk spotlight:

20160725_184655 (585x900).jpg
20160725_1846391 (547x900).jpg

Well until some better photographers come along, here's a few pics of mine. And for the most part I'm really damn happy with them and think they look fantastic. :D

Kirk in particular just looks amazing and was sculpted with the absolute perfect expression. My only real issue is that in profile he has a surprisingly short chin, which kinda makes you want to avoid angling his head up too much. But it's not really that big a deal in the end. I do think the hair needs to be a bit darker on the sides, and his chest broadened a bit more, but that should be easy enough to fix later.

With Spock I admit I was taken aback at first by how, well... lumpy his face appears in hand. A lot of the details appear accurate to Nimoy, but they've been way over-exaggerated on the sculpt for some reason, which means you have to be a lot more careful about how you light it so you don't bring that out too much.

The outfits look incredible though and really make up for any other problems I might have. The only thing people really need to watch out for are the braids on the arm. They're glued on and can be shifted loose if you're not careful, and one of mine had actually slipped down quite a bit before opening the box (probably because of the crazy heat today). But thankfully it was easy to move back into place.

And here's Kirk under his patented Kirk spotlight:

View attachment 280925
View attachment 280927

Dave great job on the photos....these pictures show Kirk's head sculpt to be significantly better than I was expecting. I was already excited to have mine on the way...now I'm head over heals.

I really hope we don't have to wait too long to order his command chair! :clap

Just got my shipping notice! No eta as of yet but I'm super excited!

Great pics Davejames!
I have Kirk on the way now too! :yess:
I agree on how rough-hewn the Spock sculpt is, it still looks exactly like him and quite realistic. Maybe the sculptor was trying to compensate for the loss of detail in the production and painting process?

image.jpgimage.jpg

Is there any site that has some sort of flexpay option on these or do I have to save the old fashioned way to get these :(

Is there any site that has some sort of flexpay option on these or do I have to save the old fashioned way to get these :(

I spoke with QMx about this, and as of right now they are not offering any sort of payment options. Given how many 1/6 figures they have in the pipeline I hope this changes.

I spoke with QMx about this, and as of right now they are not offering any sort of payment options. Given how many 1/6 figures they have in the pipeline I hope this changes.

Me too. I love this hobby and the way I've been able to afford it(and have my wife accept it as it's a more expensive collecting hobby than 6 inch figures are) is through all the flexpay options sideshow has which is why I've mainly bought hot toys. I was able to expand to star ace stuff due to their deal with sideshow and I want to do the same thing with QMX, just not sure how I can make it work logistically yet. I want at least Kirk and Spock but by the time I can save up money to get them, they maybe already sold out.

You know I gotta say, as much as I was wanting the utility belts and phaser rifle, I think the figures probably look best when you keep things looking a lot cleaner and simpler.

PIC1.jpg

You know I gotta say, as much as I was wanting the utility belts and phaser rifle, I think the figures probably look best when you keep things looking a lot cleaner and simpler.

Also these are the third season uniforms, so technically they shouldn't be wearing the brown belts. :) I do think they look good both ways.

View attachment 281076

Almost looks like Lee Majors in his Six Million Dollar Man days as Kirk.
"Damn it Jim I can make u better than you were before, faster,stronger, hornier.."

This Saturday I will have both in my grubby mits! (I'll make sure my mits are clean, and my nails clipped to avoid any snags :lol)

Back