Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
g.jpg

I keep wanting to pull the trigger on these but every time i look at the face of Spock...i just get the impression that it's a poorly sculpted wax statue. He looks all....bumpy and stuff. I don't know.....

This is the same company making the movie versions of these characters, right?

I keep wanting to pull the trigger on these but every time i look at the face of Spock...i just get the impression that it's a poorly sculpted wax statue. He looks all....bumpy and stuff. I don't know.....

:lol I mentioned the exact thing in a mini review a few pages back. Spock looks a bit bumpy. But all in all in a normal display setting he looks fine. The macro photos really enhance it. Kirk is definitely the better sculpt but I wouldn't let that be a reason to pass on these. They really look awesome on display.

I wouldn't let that bother you too much. Yeah the bumpiness can be a bit distracting in closeups, but on display from a normal viewing distance it's not nearly as big an issue, and the sculpt seems to capture his likeness pretty darn well. And the two do look cool as hell together, which is all I really care about in the end.

kirk.jpg

Yeah, I watched an episode of TOS last night and it looks like the sculptor tried to reproduce Spock's complexion and I tend to think a more refined paint app would do it more justice. With that being said they still look great displayed together. Love 'em.

Enemy Mine?
At first I thought you referred to the Stargate episode by the same name. The figure also looks a bit like the Unas. I had no idea the episode was an homage to the movie!

:rotfl

No surprise that Kirk's is bigger.

giphy.gif

Exactly. Fantastic to see everyone being so creative and having fun with these figures. You're right - wouldn't happen in most other threads.
That's true, I love everyone's contributions!

Are you ready for more silliness?
So, after the pool picture I was asked where they were doing R&R since Risa hadn't been discovered yet. I couldn't come up with any witty answer so I just did another picture instead. Looks as if they are staying for a while!

Too much tape!

I got my set today, and found the trays held together with a LOT of tape. Other than that, fantastic figures! I'm especially impressed by Kirk; this is the only figure to truly nail the Shatner likeness. Spock is great, too, but it's easier to pull off the Nimoy sculpt.

I'm really blown away by these! I think the sculpts, accessories, and clothing are up there with Hot Toys -- and cheaper, too. Ordering McCoy will be a no-brainer.

Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

True. He did mention having close to 300 emails about it on his facebook too. Extremely happy with what I've been seeing. I'm a little worried about kirks turning out more green than yellow. I guess I have collectoritis.

So THAT'S why he won't respond to me about his Patrick McGoohan portrait!

Thanks Freaks.

LOL I'm always happy to know I am not the only crazy one in the world ;)

Guys, there is one tiny complaint I have. The holes in some of my (I mean Kirk's or Spock's of course) hands are a bit too short and not as deep as the others and therefore the hands easily fall off when I try to pose them. Do you think I could try to drill them a bit deeper? I don't want to damage anything but it is really bothering me.

Back