Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Okay so while I sit here impatiently waiting for real pictures from the QMx booth, from one set-up shot I can just barely make out figures of what appear to be Kirk and Spock in their red TWOK uniforms. Then possibly McCoy and another crew member in TOS red uniform...Scotty? Uhura. I can also barely make out several STNG figures...Picard? Data? and??? Also maybe Kirk in his command chair.

Okay so while I sit here impatiently waiting for real pictures from the QMx booth, from one set-up shot I can just barely make out figures of what appear to be Kirk and Spock in their red TWOK uniforms. Then possibly McCoy and another crew member in TOS red uniform...Scotty? Uhura. I can also barely make out several STNG figures...Picard? Data? and??? Also maybe Kirk in his command chair.

Whoahh! Where is that pic??

It's on Twitter. You can definitely make out Scotty.

Why has no one taken QMx photos?

Ah, thank you. Man that's hard to see, lol.

Best for last? :pray:

Cn2aqWlXgAA9stt.jpg
Source: QMx Twitter

I'm pretty sure I see:
TOS Scotty
TOS McCoy
TWOK Spock
TNG worf
TNG Data

I think I see Sam and Dean on the top row

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The no photography signs are so pointless at a show like SDCC. You'd think they'd want some good photos of their stuff circulating on the interwebs.

Picked up both exclusives. They even included an extra belt that's supposed to fit Kirk.

An issue I have is that both figures seem to be missing the magnetic strip that's supposed to go behind the left side of the pants to hold the communicator. Definitely going back to the booth for this.

Also, I can verify that there is a NO PHOTO sign for the display with the new figures. I did see Sulu, Scotty, Kirk on his command chair, and both TWOK Kirk and Spock (unpainted sculpts). They also had Picard, Worf and Data on display.

Last edited:

Picked up both exclusives. They even included an extra belt that's supposed to fit Kirk.

An issue I have is that both figures seem to be missing the magnetic strip that's supposed to go behind the left side of the pants to hold the communicator. Definitely going back to the booth for this.

Also, I can verify that there is a NO PHOTO sign for the display with the new figures. I did see Sulu, Scotty, Kirk on his command chair, and both TWOK Kirk and Spock. They also had Picard, Worf and Data on display.

HORSE****! If that's true they can only thank themselves for lack of publicity.

You might ended up paying huge price....

There are a lot of pre-order spots (expected stock) of the non-EX at retailers, I'd expect these to be available for a while after in-hand photos flood this thread.

No photos? Not sure why a little sign would stop anyone. There's photography allowed at the venue and there's nothing anyone at any booth can do to stop you from snapping. Just tell them you're with the union and if they want their booth taken down in a timely fashion at the end of the show, they should move out of your way. :)

I hope to God someone can go there and take some today. Come on people it's Trek! Also, they talked about new figures in their newsletter!

I'm sure we will see plenty of pictures today...I have to assume QMx was hoping to keep us in the dark until at least the first full day of the con.

Please God. TWOK in 1/6 is...so nostalgic I can't find the words.

Yeah the whole no photos thing is pretty silly to try to apply to anything you have out on open, public, display. It won't stop pictures being taken, all it really does is diminish the chances of many good quality, clear, and flattering photos of the products being taken, and up the likelihood of quick-n-dirty, non flattering photos (which invite people to often jump to conclusions as far as likeness and quality goes) and have that being the first online reveal of your new product.

You'd think after working so hard on this stuff, they'd want the first reveals to be the best they could be, in order to hype the product, and excite fans and potential customers...

So Scotty and Bones confirmed... bought!
Now I only need TWOK Khan to be done with original cast.

:yess:

Back