Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm going through 6th scale figure withdrawals and can't seem to pull the trigger on one of these cause it'll snowball into the whole set...I need a push, which is the better figure, Kirk or Spock?

Best Kirk likeness ever IMO

Gotta go with Kirk. And it will start a snowball with Spock and Bones and the rest...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This line pulled me back in. I sold all my 1/6 figures and moved to 1/4 PF statues. Now I'm collecting all the QMx Star Trek stuff and eyeing the Threezero Game of Thrones and Xfiles lines.

Yes, it's the Moebius 1/6 scale B9 LIS Robot model kit. ~$60...can't beat it.

View attachment 358134
B-9
c2ea268908c38d2531bf3178549d62a9.jpg
d1c1dc6a9411fe7a2496d07423d00f02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

Another vote for Kirk here. Nimoy seems an easy enough likeness to capture, but nobody's done a really nice Shatner... until now.

Yes, it's the Moebius 1/6 scale B9 LIS Robot model kit. ~$60...can't beat it.

View attachment 358134

Well, I was about to buy it on Amazon for $47, then I found one for $34 W/ free shipping on Ebay. It arrived from the Ebay seller today, took two days from Champaign Illinois to Kansas City. The shipping box could've been bigger and I wish they added padding around the model box but everything is in perfect shape, no damage. I'd recommend the seller, they have two more for the same price ($34.38):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/939-1-6-LIS-Robot-/172811388360?hash=item283c5c85c8:g:JuAAAOSwj3ZZi9fZ

Last edited:
I've seen a kit on EBay

I checked it out, it's sold by Monsters In Motion, a store I used to frequent in SoCal. It's tempting, I'm going to wait and and hope QMX does a NOMAD in the future, blinking lights are necessary to bring it to life, and that's a step above what I'm capable of with a model kit.

I checked it out, it's sold by Monsters In Motion, a store I used to frequent in SoCal. It's tempting, I'm going to wait and and hope QMX does a NOMAD in the future, blinking lights are necessary to bring it to life, and that's a step above what I'm capable of with a model kit.

I've bought stuff from them before.
I too would love to see QMX do a lighted one and that talks too

From Nanjin's Facebook. That's Adama in the middle (would love a Lorne Greene one) On the side there is that Khan in a gold dinner jacket???

I've never paid much attention to these figures because although I quite like Star Trek I'm not a big enough fan to get them. But the other day I came across some pictures of Kirk and ended up having a good look at them online. I got to say, these figures are my idea of what every 1/6 human figure should be. Instantly recognisable likeness, competent paint jobs, minimal but key accessories.

QMX and Nanjin have definitely teased a lot of really cool stuff, between Trek and Firefly and now BSG. It's just a shame that it seems to take them so long to actually get anything released. Hell I'd be happy just to see some new official previews for Khan or TWOK Kirk and Spock, or even the other TOS figures.

Back