Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Lt. Cmdr Scott Scotty

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think McCoy and scotty are really good
its sulu ! It doesn't look anything like him

Celebeslike.me is about as accurate as many of the likeness opinions I see.

Ive been watching an awful lot of the Original Series over the past month, and I've been paying more attention to Mr. Scott and I have to say the QMX expression is quite common to Scotty especially when he was in command. I still think the sculpt needs a bit of improvement.
There's also PLENTY of engineering accessories they can give him. Personally, I'd love him to come with that Claymore he was very impressed by:
View attachment 297252

Or bagpipes?

He had a hand double for close-ups in the original series, and did everything he could to conceal the fact that his finger was missing, as he was apparently rather self conscious about it at the time, and the production took that into account and shot around it. Though there are, of course, a couple of occasions like Catspaw and Trouble with Tribbles where the fact that he is missing a finger can still clearly be seen. I think when it comes to the latter films, no one gave it much consideration, hence the discrepancy.

As a result, while Doohan was certainly missing a finger due to his war wound, it's debatable whether Scotty was, certainly back in the TOS days, at the very least, so I must admit, I'm kind of conflicted over the figure having this aspect. Still, as long as both types of hand are included I guess it is down to fans how best to display him when the time comes.

I never noticed his finger missing and must have seen each episode dozens of times. Scotty is one of my favorites, along with Uhura. I hope she is in the pipeline.

Bones arrives today, can't wait! Bring on Scotty and the rest!

The missing finger I think is essential for me. It's kind of a hidden tribute to James Doohan and his service in WWII.
For Star Trek, I think it's more of "They would've been able to fix that sort of thing easily in the future" kind of thing.

Beginning to grimace. Nothing new but early. Beyond Kirk in new outfit

Also in all these months they could have painted the TWOK figures. LAZY

Also in all these months they could have painted the TWOK figures. LAZY

All the figures they've produced in a very short space of time compared to other 1/6 companies and you call them "lazy" :lol :lol

Might be my eyes, but doesn't look like any further work has been done on Sulu, which if that continues to be the case, might just be a four and done with me as far as the Trek series figures go. Which would be a good thing for my wallet and my shelves. I'm such a whore for classic Trek it would be hard not to get drawn back at some point, though... :lol

Might be my eyes, but doesn't look like any further work has been done on Sulu, which if that continues to be the case, might just be a four and done with me as far as the Trek series figures go. Which would be a good thing for my wallet and my shelves. I'm such a whore for classic Trek it would be hard not to get drawn back at some point, though... :lol

:exactly: I feel the same. I won't buy Sulu looking like that.

All the figures they've produced in a very short space of time compared to other 1/6 companies and you call them "lazy" :lol :lol

Well I am new to the sixth scale game with Kirk and Spock and now McCoy being the first I have ever owned. Mainly Hasbro, NECA in the past. After a strong showing at San Diego I am a little disappointed with today. I believe 2016 being the anniversary year they wanted to get it all shown. But now they are catching up. Nanjin I think did troll his Facebook page this week simply listing Khan with no remark. Doing that hours before a big toy show can make minds like myself wonder. I guess I will see what goes on in July. And they did paint the Justified head. Coulda done the Admiral and Spock also

Back