Quantities going up.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
You've obviously never driven a Rolls-Royce.

You don't drive a RR. You have someone drive it for you.

And agree with the Exclusives. Keep em low, makes them that much funner to collect.

EVILFACE said:
You don't drive a RR. You have someone drive it for you.

And agree with the Exclusives. Keep em low, makes them that much funner to collect.

First off, Funner isn't a word. Second, it isn't fun when you can't complete you're collection. Collecting isn't about hunting. Thats hunting. Collecting is about enjoying the products, which you can't if you get can't get them. As long as the ratio between exclusive and regular is about the same (1/5 or so) then it doesn't matter if they make 3000 exclusive Vaders with the regular being 15000.

Besides the point of collecting is wanting the product for the product, not its limited edition. Like Rebelscum says (can't believe I agree with them for once) "Collect to Collect."

https://www.rebelscum.com/collect.asp

You guys should read that.

2000 exclusives has to be the highest edition size for an exclusive. Some regular edition sizes arent that big. Quite understandable that 2000 SW exclusives are still exclusive, considering the amount of fans wanting these.

Buttmunch said:
First off, Funner isn't a word. Second, it isn't fun when you can't complete you're collection. Collecting isn't about hunting. Thats hunting. Collecting is about enjoying the products, which you can't if you get can't get them. As long as the ratio between exclusive and regular is about the same (1/5 or so) then it doesn't matter if they make 3000 exclusive Vaders with the regular being 15000.

Besides the point of collecting is wanting the product for the product, not its limited edition. Like Rebelscum says (can't believe I agree with them for once) "Collect to Collect."

IMO hunting and collecting are one in the same....I take great joy in looking and looking for that one piece and even greater joy when I find it....I know there are many collectors out there just like me...I personally get a little turned off when I am collecting something and I go into a major retailer and there 100 of them sitting on the shelf staring back at me. I love SS for its low production runs..its even lower exclusive runs...and most of all for the fact that I dont waalk in to Wal-Mart and see 100 SS Darth Vaders on the self.SS isnt Hasbro and it should stay like that!!!!!!!!!

kingdarkness03 said:
IMO hunting and collecting are one in the same....I take great joy in looking and looking for that one piece and even greater joy when I find it....I know there are many collectors out there just like me...I personally get a little turned off when I am collecting something and I go into a major retailer and there 100 of them sitting on the shelf staring back at me. I love SS for its low production runs..its even lower exclusive runs...and most of all for the fact that I dont waalk in to Wal-Mart and see 100 SS Darth Vaders on the self.SS isnt Hasbro and it should stay like that!!!!!!!!!

I respect your view of the hobby. But you're never going to change the minds of Buttmunch and myself -- and I dare say your mind won't be changed by anyone.

For me, I dislike the hunting and the fruitless driving across town and daily stalking of Wal-Mart for what I want -- and I really hate missing out on something. I like owning and displaying and posing and mindless toying and making dioramas and the occasional customizing.

But I believe that the Sideshow tent is a big one and that there's room for collectors of many kinds here.

gdb said:
I respect your view of the hobby. But you're never going to change the minds of Buttmunch and myself -- and I dare say your mind won't be changed by anyone.

For me, I dislike the hunting and the fruitless driving across town and daily stalking of Wal-Mart for what I want -- and I really hate missing out on something. I like owning and displaying and posing and mindless toying and making dioramas and the occasional customizing.

But I believe that the Sideshow tent is a big one and that there's room for collectors of many kinds here.

There is room here for all:peace

Some just enjoy the hunt and others hate it. Everyone is different. I personally hate the hunt.

If you like the hunt, heres a game you can play because it will make a pre-order harder like hunting in stores. When a figure goes up for pre-order (say Vader) see how long you can wait till you decide you need to order him before he sells out. Betcha don't last ten minutes :D

I would say forget about the exclusive, just make 2 version of each other, green hulk/gray hulk same es, black spidey/red spidey same es, old uniform/new uniform of cap A, things like that, people can choose which one they wanted to collect.:rolleyes:

Buttmunch said:
First off, Funner isn't a word.

Sorry teacher. You forgot the ' in That's and Vader's.

Buttmunch said:
Second, it isn't fun when you can't complete you're collection. Collecting isn't about hunting. Thats hunting. . . . .

Guess we are just 2 different collectors. Which is more important, the figure or the accessories? I've got about 50 SS 12" figures. Some are exclusive and some are not. I don't like the ones that are not exclusive any less than the ones that are. And I wish SS would just have 1250 for the edition size.

A figure is complete when it comes with everything that is listed on the box.

People please!!! I did not start this thread to upset anyone. I was just curious how you all felt about the edition sizes increasing. I myself did not think Sideshow could be raising the totals of the regular edition to meet the demand. I am glad they are making more to help more collectors get the regular figures. I would like for them to keep the exclusives limited to no more than 2500 pcs. (depending on popularity of the character). As for the hunt for such exclusives. In the 20 plus years I have collected figures, I have always enjoyed the hunt. IMO it makes finding the prize more enjoyable. On the other hand I understand how some would find this frustrating at best when they cannot get the items they are looking for. I hope that Sideshow also see's the need to be careful with exclusive pcs. Like I said before, I like the hunt. But when items become impossible to get even from day one of going on sale I think that will hurt the hobby in the long run.

Back