QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deep down we all know that its just a toy, but to quote Tom Bakers 4th Doctor "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes" :wink1:

Thanks for the pics and posts everyone.
I hope the line is successful and continues.

IMG_0003.JPG

Cheers Astra.
Here’s my line up. If Kirk sits down all day, he’s gonna get fat. Oh, wait a minute...

Wondering if QMX will do the green shirt for Kirk as a variant. I missed the first release and while the green isn’t as iconic I’d still take it. Some sort of a Spock variant would be nice too (maybe from The Cage). Of course I haven’t picked up McCoy yet because I don’t really want him just on his own. Kick myself for not grabbing Kirk and Spock when they were readily available.

I think there are plans to do a second run Kirk and, since they have teased Mirror Spock, they might go for a green shirt / mirror exclusive Kirk? Maybe they'll do the Mirror outfit with the Exclusive Uhura as well?

This line has been an unqualified success....

Not a lot of mention about what they are doing here outside these threads....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think variants of characters like Kirk and Spock would exhaust the market considering they’re the main stars. If they started doing variants for every crew member it would be different.

I'm more willing to buy seperate uniforms than a new figure with just a new shirt. Would gladly buy the wrap around tunic,dress tunic etc. Seperately but not buy full figure. Bring on Scott Sulu Uhura Chekov first

I'm more willing to buy seperate uniforms than a new figure with just a new shirt. Would gladly buy the wrap around tunic,dress tunic etc. Seperately but not buy full figure. Bring on Scott Sulu Uhura Chekov first

Agreed get the main characters 1st. Then we can have variants and other cast members. TOS 1st[emoji868]

In order to keep those that were "late to the party" onboard, they need to make sure Kirk and Spock are readily available for purchase. Even super-fans won't want to display McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, etc. without the two main stars.

Perhaps they could do limited runs and sell them themselves rather than 'flooding the market'. That way if you're late on board, K and S are constantly available from QMX and retailers aren't stuck with duplicate figures that they can't shift to more than a handful of 'late adopters'

There must be a sweet spot but despite our protestations, I think duplicate Kirk and Spocks still sell better than many other figures. We can hope that the sales of the supporting characters are high enough alongside the variants.

The time to release a Kirk variant was at the same time as the Captain's chair, that way they could have tempted new customers as well as old ones who could have been sold on the idea of another Kirk just for displaying with the chair. It seems that time has passed now, so best to just move on to new characters for now. At least in my view.

I opened my Captain's Chair yesterday and the piece is amazing. Such attention to detail and the cool sound and lights are fun.

In order to keep those that were "late to the party" onboard, they need to make sure Kirk and Spock are readily available for purchase. Even super-fans won't want to display McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, etc. without the two main stars.

If they make different Kirks and Spocks and also offer clothes accessories it would all work out nicely.

Back