QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Nanjn,
your red shirt security has the wider belt used in Seasons 2 and 3, the females had narrower utility belts (a wider belt on Uhura would look like kind of a corset or so).

Yeah, Nanjn,
your red shirt security has the wider belt used in Seasons 2 and 3, the females had narrower utility belts (a wider belt on Uhura would look like kind of a corset or so).
Fittings and accuracy, dude. If no fitting and accuracy to consideration then no point to make her own body.

TOS props were done as the showed was filmed. They didn't have much standard until Season 3. This was why most uniform trek dudes see S3 uniforms as cannon, Avocado, xxx Teal, and xxx Red as standard TOS colors.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

All I know is I love these guys.

22D2B0F3-5663-441F-AA73-FE9325EDEF0D.jpg

5E6138EA-1CBD-469B-AB2D-90A698FBEDDE.jpg

I don't get what you want to explain, however, I hope you'll make it allright, Nanjin.
The underlining messages were:

I have done my research on TOS for many years. Addressing your concern meant I would go back to reconfirm.

If I can invest in a new body that can not have the return like others, then surely I will not cut corners on small and important items. I spent an 100, surely wouldnt try to save a few pennies.

TOS was simply geared, those small details became MAJOR little accessories pieces.

I have been repeating myself on a daily basis thats why I replied you with some strange answers...made them a bit different so I wouldn't sound like a grandpa repeating himself all day.

The underlining messages were:

I have done my research on TOS for many years. Addressing your concern meant I would go back to reconfirm.

If I can invest in a new body that can not have the return like others, then surely I will not cut corners on small and important items. I spent an 100, surely wouldnt try to save a few pennies.

TOS was simply geared, those small details became MAJOR little accessories pieces.

I have been repeating myself on a daily basis thats why I replied you with some strange answers...made them a bit different so I wouldn't sound like a grandpa repeating himself all day.

I have faith. Fingers crossed for a digital copy of Beyond Antares in the exclusive version ;-p

Thats how the TOS mamas carried their toys. All my securities have utility belts. The belts also have drop down (magnet attached) phaser holder ?Velcro? just like what they used with the securities in S2 and S3 (one of them used dropped down phaser Velcro)
c2bca2f9d52dc0488a1d48b250d3cf2e.jpg

In the 2nd season episode "Obsession" we can clearly see the difference between the security crew men's utility belt - around the waist- and the "drop down" velcro used by all the others who made no use of the belt (here it's Kirk, except the female officers who used the narrow belt). (In the show a velcrow would never have fixed a regular heater, but the phaser was just a hollow plastic thing).

Obsession-083.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

So BTW, a security action figure wouldn't be bad, would it?

Nanjin,

it'll be not only the Trek TOS afficiniados who're gonna buy your Uhura, but also many many 1:6 scale action figure collectors who are interested in strong female TV and movie characters. So carry on!!!!

Nanjin,

it'll be not only the Trek TOS afficiniados who're gonna buy your Uhura, but also many many 1:6 scale action figure collectors who are interested in strong female TV and movie characters. So carry on!!!!
There are X amount of urgency to me.... Ms Uhura is becoming really old...and she is not doing well in her personal life.

I want to make Uhura figure, I don't want to make an Uhura Figure to remember Uhura....

There are X amount of urgency to me.... Ms Uhura is becoming really old...and she is not doing well in her personal life.

I want to make Uhura figure, I don't want to make an Uhura Figure to remember Uhura....

Miss Nichols would be happy and pleased to see your Uhura action figure soon, as I would....

I understand exactly. You don't want to appear that you are taking advantage of the situation to sell a product and instead wish to have it available while she is able to perhaps see and appreciate it, as well.

By the way, my "Captain's Chair" arrived out of the blue today.

I understand exactly. You don't want to appear that you are taking advantage of the situation to sell a product and instead wish to have it available while she is able to perhaps see and appreciate it, as well.

I don't really care if people think I will try to take advantage. I, myself, don't want to make Uhura to remember her like Spock, McCoy and Scotty.... they are all gone... they were like the teachers or mentors whom I saw all the time when I was a kid.

She is iconic far beyond Star Trek. Whenever it comes it will be a fantastic homage because of the amount of thought and care that goes into designing these figures.

another word on the utility belt:

Uhura is wearing one in "Operation -- Anihilate!" while being on the bridge, I guess this is the only episode where she or any other female officer is to be seen with that belt on the bridge.

operationannihilatehd067.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Eh I can't imagine ever displaying my Uhura figure with the utility belt myself. It ruins the clean lines of the outfit and is about as unflattering as those ugly black belts everyone wore in the Kelvin movies.

Eh I can't imagine ever displaying my Uhura figure with the utility belt myself. It ruins the clean lines of the outfit and is about as unflattering as those ugly black belts everyone wore in the Kelvin movies.
Some of us in collectibles like things that we would only see once in our entire life or even not seeing at all like my brother's Ultraman collection. I think I can put a brick inside and he would not know.

I will include as many items as possible within the constraints of her MSRP including the possibility of different hair pieces.

Some of us in collectibles like things that we would only see once in our entire life or even not seeing at all like my brother's Ultraman collection. I think I can put a brick inside and he would not know.

I will include as many items as possible within the constraints of her MSRP including the possibility of different hair pieces.

That sounds awesome. We’re all here to support whatever you do.

Excellent news!!

It was the array of non standard hands with Kirk that inspired me to buy my first 1/6 figure and it's been downhill ever since (but what a ride). With the belt you can pose her leading a security team before the Guardian of Forever, sitting at her station, or serenading Spock. More options are great!

Koloth beat me to it! Great pic!

Back