QMX Ring of Dracula Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ouch. sorry but what a collossal screw-up.
Going from "as seen in DRACULA!"
to as seen in "abbott and Costello meet..."

oof

This was also the ring that Forry loaned to Chris Lee, that Lee wore as a pinky ring in his Dracula films for Hammer. So, it really goes beyond merely appearing in one "Dracula" film (A&C Meet Frankenstein). To the best of my knowledge its in several of the Hammer vehicles. The COA should indicate this as well, as it "bridges the gap" between the Golden Age of Hollywood Horror and the Silver Age ushered in by Hammer. I am sure Lee or Uncle Forry can verify. Years of watching these films and reading Famous Monsters of Film land, dontcha know?:D

Info:This will probably be the ONLY chance you may get to own one as they are no longer in production.

This is the ONLY ring which has been made from the ORIGINAL mould and is an exact copy of classic Universal Pictures Dracula Ring, worn by Lon Chaney Jr., John Carradine, Bela Lugosi and of course, Mr. Lee. It is exactly the same as Mr. Lee's and was produced by Robert Shomer, who is the present copyright owner of the design.

The ring comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, giving the full story of the ring.

Last edited:
customizerwannabe said:
Don't want to be a wet blanket, but I think these will be available on ebay for a looooong time.

Most likely. This was a post taken from the Christopher Lee webstore to substantiate that he wore the ring as well, not a sales attempt.

Here's the one I got from Dimensional Designs abt 10 years ago:

dracring.jpg

70sCinema said:
Here's the one I got from Dimensional Designs abt 10 years ago:

dracring.jpg

Wow! The ring looks pretty much the same as QMx, but the case is a lot nicer!!!

And... speaking of QMx... my ring finally arrived!!! I got number 118 and no matter what the "heritage" of the ring really is, it is a beautiful reproduction and a great collectible!

QMX has apparently made some changes to the ring:

COPIED FROM THEIR WEBSITE/BLOG:

Hello, fellow Dracula fans!

We have another important update for the Dracula ring. Over the last few months, we have made a number of improvements to the ring to make it as authentic and attractive as possible. For example:

* We upgraded the weathering using several different chemical washes to better-replicate the decades of age and oxidation.
* We upgraded the coffin from resin to CNC machined wood.
* We upgraded the original liner to a hand-stitched velvet pillow
* We made various in-process improvements to the box and certificate (which is now weathered by hand, using several separate processes) to make them more “thematic”.

Unfortunately, the cost of the .925 to .935 pure sterling silver that we are using (as well as the cost of the semi-precious stone, Carnelian) has increased dramatically over the last few months and our manufacturer recently hit us with a significant price increase. We were able to absorb the aforementioned cost increases, but these recent cost increases finally put us over the top.

As such, we are forced to increase the SRP of the ring from $199 to $225, effective immediately. Anyone who pre-ordered the ring PRIOR to Feb 1st will NOT pay the increased price. Anyone who places an order after that date will be subject to the price increase.

QMx takes every step possible to maintain the advertised SRP and while we despise changing the prices of our products, we just could not take the hit, due to the recent significant increase in the cost of precious metals and stone related to this specific product.

I want to buy one of these, but I want this edition with the CNC wood case and pillow and the corrected coa. How am I certain if I place an order with them if I will get this version and not an earlier one with the flawed coa and resin case? Anyone have any suggestions other than just calling them outright?

thanks for the info! i'm happy that i won't have to pay extra for this. my retailer says mine won't be shipping for at least another month or two.

I have one of these and it looks awesome next to my PF Dracula and PF SSE Dracula. Hopefully I will see the SE Bust before long to put up there with it.

I have seen a couple of these in stock on eBay, so I know that some of them are out there.

J.A.S.

P1X4R said:
does anybody have any new info on this item? i'm getting a little impatient waiting for it. :banghead

When mine shipped, it was only the first 200 of the run that had shipped from the factory; these had the original certificate. They were going to redo the cert, so that may have slowed the next shipments.

ok, i'm done waiting for this one. i pre-paid for this back in Feb when it was supposedly ready to ship. i'm cancelling it for something else..

Back