QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picard is back!

No go appreciate your Picard figure :)
My reaction to the news:
8b14a174df3361ea696c697221400727.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thinking of getting this - has the staining issue been resolved? QmX mention it but it's alike 'you might get it, no need to return' line.

They're all stained to some degree. Having said that, you'll be very unlucky to get one that shows. I'd say that on a good 95% of them the staining seems to be below the collar line, so when the collar is in the correct position (a little padding to square the shoulders does wonders in this regard) it's completely invisible.

Be aware that they will not always replace the head. I bought one December 2017. Contacted my dealer here about the staining, who, did not get a reply from QmX after a few months and advised that I try, so I talked to QmX, and was told they couldn't send out any more replacements because they are still working out what to do about the issue. I think that's because new heads stain once they are in contact with the suit.

I mean, I understand: if the new head will just stain too, then is it worth their expense? And there were some reports of the stains being absorbed if the head was out of contact with the suit for a while? I am mainly bummed because it seems to have seriously damaged the efforts of getting the Star Trek line out there. If I was forced back to just a couple of lines, I'd be getting Star Trek and Doctor Who (I've collected Batman comics for twenty-five years but I have enough sixth scale Batmen at this point).

I have ROTJ Luke from Hot Toys but he's still in the box. People say there is some white cloth inside the collar to prevent staining? Not sure that would work on a future Next Gen uniform release because if you saw any of the white it would look bad, and so some red is always going to be in contact with the neck.

The staining sucks, but I love my Picard figure and I was REALLY looking forward to the Next Gen line. As much as I love TOS, Next Gen is the perfect Trek for me. I really want a Riker. Of course I want Data and Worf. Geordi. I want them all. The staining has meant that an otherwise great figure sits on the shelves. I think Picard is popular, but people are just wary because of the staining. I know I was, and that made me hesitate for a long time. It's also a figure that looks much better in hand than in the promo pics. Hopefully the new Picard series makes people pull the trigger and at least get these figs off the shelves. People will be thinking about Next Gen again. The post original series brand has been devalued by all these reboots and series being set in the past. Hopefully new prime universe far future Trek gets people's hearts warm and fuzzy for Next Gen, DS9, etc.

But yes. Great fig. Staining sucks and is a pretty big issue. Keep in mind that you may not get your stained head replaced. In all other regards the figure looks better in hand than in the photos. My main reason for feeling bad about the staining issue, though, is I want more of this line. I am worried now that despite Nanjing's best efforts (and Nanjing is an absolute hero) this line may be on hiatus forever. How do I pray to the Nanjing gods?

I received a stain free head and put a piece of plastic around the neck similar to what hot toys does to protect their paint. The black dye seeped through the plastic and stained the new sculpt. I gave up on this figure long ago.

Years ago, i bought some of SS's Stormtrooper figures. As the stock bodies were quite floppy, i tried a swap with a different body. As i was removing the armour and undersuit, i noticed i was staining the armour with black dye, which was from contact with the under suit. I decided to soak all the undersuits in warm water before putting them back on. The water turned jet black after a few minutes. I thought about doing the same with Picard's uniform, but worried the dye would darken the red portion.

Well then I would have start charging for them. Don't know what this one is worth. It's zero infill and very fragile and I don't have anymore orange. I might think about it

Wish someone would make a good material chair to go with the 1/6 picard. Heck why not a whole bridge while their at it lol. At that point i would need to dedicate a whole room to display them :)

I am back onto TNG. Who should be next? Riker, Geodi, Data, Troi, Beverly, Worf, or Q?

I like Q, and because he was in the first and last episodes of TNG, I forcefully put him among the regular standard TNG choices [emoji1]

13e9307f3b175ee4c49058668096dedc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

As a figure, I would go with Data first, and Worf second. Then maybe Troi to spice things up. But in terms of importance I would go with Will Riker. I love the character of Q, but not sure i would shell out $200 for a figure of him.

Back