QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd assume Scotty was produced in lower numbers, but him seemingly selling out everywhere has to be a good sign, right? Especially for the "lesser" characters beyond the "big 3" of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.

According to Trekcore, the current plan is TWOK after TOS. But who knows?

Last edited:
I think there are collectors who are just after the main 3 of Kirk, Spock and Bones, but the rest are wanting the whole main cast. I expect Sulu, Uhura and Chekov to sell pretty much the same numbers as Scotty.

Well Scotty's seeming success has got to be good news for getting Sulu soon, as planned, at the very least...

Yeah I don't think they'll have any trouble selling out of Sulu and Uhura. Now Chekov on the other hand... ;)
Chekov will be like the 1st Hawkeye for HT. The less demanded but ended up as the most sort after figure [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I'm in for them all. Besides, I think if people have bought Scotty, Sulu and Uhura, they'll have a hard time *not* buying Chekov. Leaving only one out of your collection might feel wrong to some collectors and they might grab him anyway. Having a single missing piece is a strong motivator for some collectors. ;)

I think for me it might depend on the sculpt. If it's as strong as the one for Sulu I'll definitely buy, but if not then it's a figure I could probably live without.

I'm really curious if they'll release any other characters around the $159 range that Khan initially went for. Or was that just a one time thing? I guess with the smaller production run it's not something they need to do anymore, but I'd still personally love to see it applied to more of these secondary characters that don't seem quite worth paying $180 for.

I think for me it might depend on the sculpt. If it's as strong as the one for Sulu I'll definitely buy, but if not then it's a figure I could probably live without.

I'm really curious if they'll release any other characters around the $159 range that Khan initially went for. Or was that just a one time thing? I guess with the smaller production run it's not something they need to do anymore, but I'd still personally love to see it applied to more of these secondary characters that don't seem quite worth paying $180 for.
Who knows? They're still about 10% cheaper on release than the absolute cheapest Hot Toys figure though (something like the Star Wars Royal Guard), and about 20-25% cheaper than the standard pricing for a lot of Hot Toys' figures. Maybe the efficiencies nanjin has talked about might achieve something like that. Only he would know! :D Still, the pricing for a main character, even a lesser one like Chekov, is better than a random guard from one scene of a Star Wars film. Seems quite reasonable to me... though I wouldn't say no to a cheaper price point!

I know there was a few recommended replacement bodies to fill out Picard's tunic better, but I haven't been able to find any of those listed (I know, I'm slow). Any other recommended bodies? Otherwise, I'll probably try padding the shoulders a little and see how that works. I tried a QMX Mal body and that didn't make much of a difference.

Tom

Just finish planning out TNG releases. The D will start delivering its crewman this year.
c0820e216d1daef04740d8923d58baed.jpg

Just finish planning out TNG releases. The D will start delivering its crewman this year.
c0820e216d1daef04740d8923d58baed.jpg

Great news Nanjin! Any chance of giving your friends on this thread a hint of who the next figure will be? :)

I think is kind of obvious...basing on popularity. [emoji16]

Ha ha ha...I will have to go through the thread again but it seemed like...Data had a slight lead...

Back