Pvc or resin headsculpts/figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan244

Super Freak
Reaction score
I had just discovered a awesome figure, but it is made with pvc. I live in vegas which suffers from high temperatures due to it being a desert. I know how to take care of a figure; clean it, put it in a display, and just expose it to sunlight. Are resin figures/headsculpts better? Well just wanted to know what you guys think.

Shouldn't matter either way. I lived in Arizona for 7 years and never had a problem with figures degrading. If anything it's better to live in a dry heat than a humid environment. You should be okay as long as you're not displaying them in direct sunlight (you don't want them to fade). On the other hand, if you're storing figures, I would keep them in a climate controlled environment. Garages get very hot out there so that could affect them.

I was planning on putting them in a case with room that will always be curtained. No sunlight allowed lol. Do you recommend weekly cleaning? No chemicals I heard. Thanks man.

how do you tell between PVC & Resin? PVC are stretchy like older sculpts while Resin are like modern Hot Toys?

I was planning on putting them in a case with room that will always be curtained. No sunlight allowed lol. Do you recommend weekly cleaning? No chemicals I heard. Thanks man.

They should be fine if they're enclosed. If they are not then you do want to take care and dust them regularly but I would keep them in a display case of some sort.

how do you tell between PVC & Resin? PVC are stretchy like older sculpts while Resin are like modern Hot Toys?

For me, PVC feels light and "soft" - not like you can mush it or anything but it feels plastic-ey while resin is hard and has a weight to it like a rock. You can definitely feel a difference between the two.

No Hot Toys figures use resin. You only see resin parts on low run figures, like customs, or small time manufacturers.

Back