Put together a new LED lit display cabinet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyW00d

Freakzoid
Reaction score
All parts are from IKEA. LED back lighting can be set to any color or cycled/phased.

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

tombo doors
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50134238

They really only fit the Besta cabinets though. Check the dimensions against your cabinet. There are a lot of doors at Ikea though, look around more. It may help you to go to an Ikea store where they are on display.

Man thank you for posting this, i've already got the Bestas picked out but never knew these glass doors were even available. Perfect!

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Not my cup of tea, but it's cool that you found a way that pleases you to display your items. The thing that strikes me, is that the room has to be very dark it seems for the 'ambient' light to have effect.

I like it, very nice. Just not sure of the choice of toys for display in such a cool cabinet apart from the T-800 and Sarah Connor. I know I know, 'a bit rich coming from the guy who loves his NECA figures' :lol

Not my cup of tea, but it's cool that you found a way that pleases you to display your items. The thing that strikes me, is that the room has to be very dark it seems for the 'ambient' light to have effect.

Not at all, the LED's are very bright. It just looks better in the dark

You did a awesome job how much was the total if you don't mind me asking and how hard was it to put together

Back