Premium Format Punisher Premium Format Figure 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second, third, and fourth the last few posts. I think I gotta have this, but no rush.

Remember the days when people would get really excited about new pieces and the forums would be flooded with pics... :(

IMO another sign that the hobby just is not what it use to be.

Yes yes yes... cant keep up with all the companies making so many same statues.

Remember the days when people would get really excited about new pieces and the forums would be flooded with pics... :(

IMO another sign that the hobby just is not what it use to be.

part of the reason is FB. There are dozens of statue groups which make forums such as this...less popular.

part of the reason is FB. There are dozens of statue groups which make forums such as this...less popular.

I am a member of several... But even there.. you get some pics.. A few responses and then on to the next thing. But I agree they have hurt the forums..

I don't even think the other forum is as busy as it use to be.

Use to be on the forums.

A new piece was announced.
Everyone starts talking about new piece (Good and Bad)
Everyone gets excited about seeing it at SDCC
Lots of pics from SDCC
Pre orders goes up
Everyone posts about pre ordering
Anticipation of piece release.
Complaints about delays :lol
Notifications of shipping
First In hand pics come in
Everyone complains about how bad the piece looks from first in hand pics :lol
More pics come in..
Everyone who gets it talks about how the Piece looks better in hand.
More pics
videos
Everyone congrats each other
More pics
more discussion
Thread goes the way of the Dodo :lol

We all use to get excited for the same piece that came out because options were limited and we would all be able to discuss the piece together because many of us would have it in hand and comment from a shared experience.

Now its on to the next thing.. New statue of fav character comes out... Meh.. There will be 5 more within the year.

Prices going up making it hard to just buy a piece for fun... You better love it and keep or except not getting your money back

Ebay sales tax on buyers is making it harder to sell.

SSC sales tax makes it even harder to justify buying.

Oversaturation of the market and high ES's by some companies (looking at you SSC) has made the hobby... Not as special...

IDK... I use to love seeing all the pics of peoples pieces.. even if I own it.. Its fun to have that shared experience.. That seems to be going away.

Yup. Just way too: many statues being made. Heck, I miss the people complaining of a statue now hahaha

Back