PS3 Black Friday Last of Us Bundle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empacker04

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got my PS4 because my PS3 died after many years. I haven't had a chance to play Last of Us. Is it worth it to get this bundle? Any idea if Last of Us will ever be playable on the PS4?

I just got my PS4 because my PS3 died after many years. I haven't had a chance to play Last of Us. Is it worth it to get this bundle? Any idea if Last of Us will ever be playable on the PS4?

You cant download the game from the Psn store?

This is going to be what I'm doing. I only want a PS3 for LOU, so I figure this'll be the best method, without looking around online for a used system to save a few dollars.

I purchased a PS3 specifically for Last of Us and GTA5 just over a month ago and no regrets here so far since it doesn't seem this is porting to the PS4 at this point. Bad news however is that they are planning on releasing a DLC. Ellie returns in 'The Last of Us: Left Behind'. Might want to think about another PS3, I still have my PS2 since not all my favorite games ported over to the PS3 either.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/336351/scitech/gaming/naughty-dog-reveals-ellie-returns-in-the-last-of-us-dlc-new-uncharted-game-for-ps4

Last edited:
I purchased a PS3 specifically for Last of Us and GTA5 just over a month ago and no regrets here so far since it doesn't seem this is porting to the PS4 at this point. Bad news however is that they are planning on releasing a DLC. Ellie returns in 'The Last of Us: Left Behind'. Might want to think about another PS3, I still have my PS2 since not all my favorite games ported over to the PS3 either.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/336351/scitech/gaming/naughty-dog-reveals-ellie-returns-in-the-last-of-us-dlc-new-uncharted-game-for-ps4

I'm confused as to what you mean by "bad news" - do you mean for people who sold their PS3 to fund a PS4?

I'm confused as to what you mean by "bad news" - do you mean for people who sold their PS3 to fund a PS4?

Yeah, I'd imagine this is more good news as they're continuing the support of the existing hardware instead of dumping it in favor of the latest gen. More DLC is always good IMO.

The Last of Us is well worth buying a PS3 for. The Ps3 will always make for a very good Blu Ray player and player for Netflix, Hulu, etc. The Network video apps on the PS3 work FAAARRRR better then any blu ray player with built in netflix and hulu etc. The system is way faster and streams much better.

Yeah, I'd imagine this is more good news as they're continuing the support of the existing hardware instead of dumping it in favor of the latest gen. More DLC is always good IMO.

:lecture

Nice to see Naughty Dog doesn't immediately sell out to a new market and values the current market. PS4 will get TLOU2 so they got nothing to cry about.

The Last of Us is well worth buying a PS3 for. The Ps3 will always make for a very good Blu Ray player and player for Netflix, Hulu, etc. The Network video apps on the PS3 work FAAARRRR better then any blu ray player with built in netflix and hulu etc. The system is way faster and streams much better.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

Yes, I meant bad news for the guy who's PS3 went bad on him since there coming out with a new DLC, good news for PS3 owners for sure. I own PS2, 3 and 4 and I will not trade in my older systems as they're nostalgic for me and I appreciate developers continuing to make games for the older systems.

Heading out to get one. I do not think it will be too hard to find one. Hopefully playing TLOU tonight.

Just scored this bundle from Best Buy, been awhile since I've played a Playstation system so should be fun. Great deal!

Are there still developers making games for PS2?

In North America:
Sony Computer Entertainment
PlayStation 2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
September 24, 2013

Worldwide:
Sony Computer Entertainment
PlayStation 2
FIFA 14
October 3, 2013

Not sure if that's the end of the line for the PS2 but practically through the life of the PS3, they have still been producing games for the PS2.

Nothing quite like jumping on board with a previous-gen console, now that the next generation has arrived, but I grabbed this from newegg.

Back