PS3 and External Hard Drive Question...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it says Corrupted Data, it will still work, just play the file and it will go, the filename will change automatically. I believe it says 'corrupted data', because it's not a native PS3 file format. It still works though.

If it says Corrupted Data, it will still work, just play the file and it will go, the filename will change automatically. I believe it says 'corrupted data', because it's not a native PS3 file format. It still works though.

Are ya sure about that? I swear i tried to play the files but it wouldnt let me because they were corrupted. I'll try to encode one again and try again to make sure.

In mkv2vob, go to the configuration tab and select vob (which is an mpeg2 format) for the output file selection. It defaults to mp4 I believe and I had issues with that converting data even though mp4 should work on the PS3. I don't use TVersity but read that the vob file should be able to be streamed. Worse case, you could try to select avi as the output file selection, which should work as well.

Are ya sure about that? I swear i tried to play the files but it wouldnt let me because they were corrupted. I'll try to encode one again and try again to make sure.

Yup, I'm sure.

Here's a pic of my settings.

configdn8.jpg

I use Windows Media Player to share files to my PS3. I can either stream the files from my PC or copy them over my wireless. TV shows can stream nicely, but movies get choppy, so I just copy the movies over, and once the show up on the PS3, it says Corrupted Data, but they still play.

Thanks for that! I found out the problem...I didnt "refresh" my files in TVersity. Damn Im stoked I finally got this working. Got Iron Man and Clone Wars on my PS3 in all it's bluray glory right now! :rock

WOrking on 300 and Troy and Corpse Bride.

By the way what does the "FAT 32 4GB" setting do? Does it automatically split the file in two if it's larger than 4GB?

By the way what does the "FAT 32 4GB" setting do? Does it automatically split the file in two if it's larger than 4GB?

Yes. It actually splits it closer to 3.9 due to the conversion between bits and bytes, and sometimes it backfires on you, and will give you the full movie and then the last minute or so will be in a 900MB file, but it's not so bad now with the recent firmware update that plays all the files sequentially.

Ok now this is annoying...Everything was working fine then the other day my PS3 can't find the TVersity media server any more. Ive tried everything, reinstalling TVersity, stop sharing and restart sharing, turn off windows firewall, restart the PS3 and still nothing.

Anyone got any bright ideas? I dont know why it just stopped working all of a sudden...I didnt change any settings or anything like that.

Seems like TVersity is not very reliable, anyone know of any other media servers to use with the PS3?

Back