Prometheus?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan741

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Do you think sideshow will end up making statues from the film and do you think a David8 would sell?

Brilliant, would love a David premium format.

I can only cross my fingers Hot Toys WON'T grab the license 'cause my wallet's going to be annihiliated...
I love SS work, but I'm also a 1/6 figure collector; I certainly don't mind ogling Premium Formats that I won't even try to afford on top of any of my other collectibles

Pass for me because I didnt like the movie at all. I know alot of people liked it. But to me honestly it was very confusing and I walked out after half the movie. I wanted to see aliens but was so confused. Didnt see anything aliens and all i saw was a zombie like guy killing himself and a robot human guy testing on a young girl. I left after the part where she did surgery on herself to remove a worm. I know it's a great sci fi movie for people who likes it and the statues will look great.

The movie didn't have 'Alien' in the title for a reason.

I can only cross my fingers Hot Toys WON'T grab the license 'cause my wallet's going to be annihiliated...
I love SS work, but I'm also a 1/6 figure collector; I certainly don't mind ogling Premium Formats that I won't even try to afford on top of any of my other collectibles
HT already got the license a long time ago and announced yesturday that figures are coming in the fall

The movie didn't have 'Alien' in the title for a reason.
:exactly:

The movie is about the race/engineers that created the Aliens and humans, not about the Aliens themselves. The only part that was confusing for me was that the Space Jockey died in the Prometheus lifeboat and not in the chair on the engineer spaceship, as it was shown in Alien. I did like how they created the Aliens as a bio weapon though. Also how their suits ressemble the Alien body.

I really liked it.

The movie is about the race/engineers that created the Aliens and humans, not about the Aliens themselves. The only part that was confusing for me was that the Space Jockey died in the Prometheus lifeboat and not in the chair on the engineer spaceship, as it was shown in Alien. I did like how they created the Aliens as a bio weapon though. Also how their suits ressemble the Alien body.

I really liked it.
Spoiler Spoiler:

David is such a great character and the movie shines with him but I don't think SS would give him a chance! Besides SS isn't as successful as Hot Toys in terms of likeness! But who knows:)

Pass for me because I didnt like the movie at all. I know alot of people liked it. But to me honestly it was very confusing and I walked out after half the movie. I wanted to see aliens but was so confused. Didnt see anything aliens and all i saw was a zombie like guy killing himself and a robot human guy testing on a young girl. I left after the part where she did surgery on herself to remove a worm. I know it's a great sci fi movie for people who likes it and the statues will look great.

Oh really? well I guess u made a big mistake then...go back n watch the second half....your being confused doesnt necessarily make it confusing....i'll say this...this is the first part of a short franchise, like a first act, it sets up the scenario, and raises questions.....the first act of this movie raised immediate questions regarding the goal of the protagonist, and the story satisfied that answer....like a good lead-in to a sequel the film leaves certain other enigmas unanswered plus raises new concerns

I was not only entertained, I like the parallels between the characters amd the alien dilemma with their own creations....i cam se how people simply expecting aliens can b disappointed if what u expect is a lot of alien action that said, theres a lot of alien action in previous incarnations and I will leave it at that...charlizes character was intriguing, and the dynamic between her and fassbender is interesting in terms of weylands reign and the engineers relationship to human kind...

Last edited:
Interestig how David modelled himself after Lawrence from Lawrence of Arabia. Also how he acted more like a butler, it goes to show how far synthetics have come in the later movies. Ash is a science officer and Bishop is a science and tech officer.

I really enjoyed this movie. It definitely had some plot issues, but I thought there was just so much to like about it.
My only major problem with it was the end:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Despite that, I look foward to adding it to my movie collection and watching it again.

Back