1/6 Problem with Sideshow Collectables Exclusive Stormtrooper (2008)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corgiman

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member here. Not sure if I am posting in the right section but I have a problem with the SS 1/6 Stormtrooper that I bought way back in 2009. Never opened it and recently sold it off to a Star Wars collector.

Unfortunately upon opening it, he discovered that the thigh guards (armor) were the same on the left and right leg. The figures left guard was using the same piece from the right guard. The knee caps were different though so I think someone at the factory messed up and glued the different knee cap parts on the same piece of thigh guards. I hope I'm making sense here.

Just wondering if there is any way I can get this resolved. The figure is long out of production and it's highly doubtful the factory would have any spare parts or even if they would respond to my emails. Would I be able to source the correct part (left thigh guard) from anyone or anywhere?

Any useful advice would be greatly appreciated and apologize in advance if I am asking dumb questions!

Thanks!

It's not a genuine Sideshow unless something is screwed up. Unfortunately at this point, SS won't help as that figure is well out of production and return window. Best bet to to find it on ebay or someone selling it loose here.

OR just sell it off and get the Hot Toys. Should be able to get 150ish for your exclusive.

Check Toy Anxiety and ebay for some spare parts. And learn from this to open up any high end collectible you buy, to verify its condition before putting it into storage. Good luck

If you never opened it and it was truly factory sealed, and the buyer knew that athe the time of purchase, it isn't your responsibility to "make it right". Factory errors are a potential problem inherent in all mass produced merchandise. When the merchandise is current, there are ways to fix the problem if it is discovered in time, but if the merchandise hasn't been produced for years, the risk is on the consumer.

I had the same issue. I didn't notice the problem until opening it up 6 months after receiving it.

Did you manage to get a replacement part?

I didn't sell it through eBay but I did take the set back (thought it was the right thing to do) and now it's stuck with me...

Anybody interested in a slightly defective SS Stromtrooper?? BTW, I'm from Singapore...

Cheers and thanks for all the replies...

Back