Problem with assembling my new P2 BD version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knightdramon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all

This morning I received my first HT Predator, namely the BD version of P2. I know it sounds stupid but I'm having MAJOR problems with snapping the left arm on. The right one snapped very easily, both legs were easy to put in place and lock but the left arm won't go in for the life of it. I've been able to take the right one out repeatedly [screwed up on which arm goes where] but the left one is impossible to handle.

I've tried soaking the joint in steaming water, a hot air drier [for both joint and connector end] and nothing. My hand aches from pushing the arm in and I'm terrified of snapping the left arm OFF the figure.

Any suggestions??? Many thanks

You'd have to sift through the appropriate thread. I guess that's why your asking here, cause it's so big. I never had a problem, though I think the DarkLord had exactly the same problem. Could there be some plastic scarf remnants inside the hole? Where is the problem? You might need to use a small round file to open the hole in the arm, or file down the peg. That may only result in the arm falling off all the time. So the only real advice I can suggest is, take your time, don't lose your cool, pinpoint where the problem actually lies. Maybe file out the arm flanges, if that's where it gets caught up. Good luck.

Hello all

This morning I received my first HT Predator, namely the BD version of P2. I know it sounds stupid but I'm having MAJOR problems with snapping the left arm on. The right one snapped very easily, both legs were easy to put in place and lock but the left arm won't go in for the life of it. I've been able to take the right one out repeatedly [screwed up on which arm goes where] but the left one is impossible to handle.

I've tried soaking the joint in steaming water, a hot air drier [for both joint and connector end] and nothing. My hand aches from pushing the arm in and I'm terrified of snapping the left arm OFF the figure.

Any suggestions??? Many thanks

Do the joints and sockets of the right arm look any different from the left. Is there a size difference or something? This sounds strange. Usually soaking in hot water or the hair dryer is always the answer unless you have a defective mold there. Where did you buy it from? Can you return it and get another one? HTH

I had this problem too, but i managed to do it. Its hard to explai nin words but i will try.

Get a material like tissue paper or a shirt.(this will stop your hands slipping)

Put on hand on one side and the other hand where the elbow is (make sure the joint is bent this will make it easier to keep your hands on and have a less chance of it breaking.

the press as hard as your muscles can press, then you'll hear a snap! and think holy ^^^^ its broken, but in fact its snapped in place. this is what happened with my pred, but its best to boil it and add vasaline to it to make the process easier.

Hope this helps :)

I couldn't find the thread to begin with, hence my making a new one.

As for the hole, it appeared to be the right size [checked both arms to see the depth and if there's flash that was left over]. The joints on both arms are fine as I accidentaly snapped the left one on the right side and had to remove it, so both arms can snap on their respective sockets.

I bought it from goodshipped on e-bay and honestly it's going to be quite a chore to send it back until I determine I just can't snap it on.

As for the vaseline trick, where do I need to apply it? Use a cotton swap and apply it on the socket or on the joint?

Many thanks

Regular arm. Managed to snap the regular arm off and replace it with the BD one but the entire assembly was still impossible to snap onto the shoulder-bicep part.

friend, i have had the exatly same problem with this ^^^^^*ing left arm but with my p2 regular, it takes to me near 2 and half hour to snap this little ^^^^^ in place , i had tryed , oil, dish detergent, butter and hot, after 2 hours of trying this had snap in place...
my fear is that i'm waiting my BD p2 and when i will put it together i will encounter the same issue...
:monkey4

sometimes the male split pegs are to round to fit into the bicep counter part. try sanding it down a bit. use a fine grit sand paper.

I have 8 HT Preds and they were all a PITA to put together. For the life of my, did HT ever say why they send them as snap kits? What is the advanatge of this? To customize maybe?

I have 8 HT Preds and they were all a PITA to put together. For the life of my, did HT ever say why they send them as snap kits? What is the advanatge of this? To customize maybe?

they are model figures. in most cases you have to put together models.:monkey3

Looks like I am in for some fun then! I am awaiting my P2 battle damaged from the same seller! I will let you know if I have the same problem. hopefully not :(

I think it is a licence thing. It's either cheaper to get a licence for 'kits' than for pure 1/6 figures, or, it's an other way of getting a licence for an already existing similar product. Like, if one firm has the licence to do Predator 12" figures, than you could get a licence for a 12" Predator model kit, that looks the same, but is actually a totally different product. I think that is the story behind these model kits.

I think it is a licence thing. It's either cheaper to get a licence for 'kits' than for pure 1/6 figures, or, it's an other way of getting a licence for an already existing similar product. Like, if one firm has the licence to do Predator 12" figures, than you could get a licence for a 12" Predator model kit, that looks the same, but is actually a totally different product. I think that is the story behind these model kits.

Ah this makes sense. thanks!

I had the same problem witht the left arm.

I thought i was going to build this BD pred2 within a few minutes this time, but the left arm was a pain in the ass, i tried warm water, vasiline, but still didnt work.

After using some serious force it finally popped in.
I was busy with this for like 15 minutes.
The rest was going easily, even the head was no problem, didnt use warm water or whatever.

Great figure to see!

Heh, thanks for the advice, it was actually much easier than I thought.

I heated both parts of the arm for about 15 seconds, applied vaseline on the lower connector and it snapped together smoother than butter.

Unfortunately I'm going to sell the big guy as I'm not too keen about him, will post a thread for that later on.

Hope the guys waiting for him will be more satisfied with it!

Regards

Mine went together no problem, though the arms dont articulate too well :( they are very very stiff. But ive got him in a pose and he aint being moved anyway.

Back