Privilege Membership - Marvel Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
I've got nothing against you Bull. It was just that I get tired of reading people say SS is screwing me or something like that. It just gets really old and tends to push a button or two. If you need help from someone I or someone from the US would be willing to help.:D

Cheers jl. I may take you up on that. Maybe i should have done this from the start. I've had to do it with Bowen as well. Thanks again for the offer.

Bullseye said:
Cheers jl. I may take you up on that. Maybe i should have done this from the start. I've had to do it with Bowen as well. Thanks again for the offer.

No problem. If we catch wind of something just let me know and I'll try to help if I can.

No I don't think it's such a good idea.

It isn't fair that just because you can afford to buy up every piece Sideshow brings out that you should have that right. The average collector would like to actually see something before basing their opinion of particular sculpt/pose/likeness, and it would be unfair on them not to have an opportunity of getting hold of a 'privileged' product once in a while.

What if more than 1000 people sign up? You could never have a situation where 'privileged' items are less than a 1000 edition since those people putting down money blindly on the line are gonna get well pissed. (an understatement!).

If the item is another Beast (absolutely hideous regardless of movie accuracy) how should the backing out of select items be treated? What's the penalty for cancelling your membership? Can you imagine the trouble and time Sideshow will have to go through to re-imburse those members that haven't got $2000 worth of goods? Or will those members forfeit their signing on fee?

Whats to stop a bunch of 'scalpers' (i hate this word!) from setting up multiple subscriptions giving them unfair advantage with regards to limited products or even privileged member lotteries.

All the while alienating the poorer collectors amongst us! It's too divisive, and will cause too many logisical issues. My advice: don't do it!

jlcmsu said:
It's a nice idea but what if life butts its ugly head in when you least expect it, or what if you can't afford to get started on this idea but an item comes up later that you want an exclusive of.

The thing that cracks me up the most about this idea and it comes up everytime someone misses an exclusive or they feel cheated. Someone comes up with the idea of making an exclusive "club" that in the end screws someone else. I hope I'm not the only one that finds it funny that someone who feels screwed thinks the best idea in the end is to possibly screw someone else.

As we are only speculating till we have the official word, I reckon Sideshow should 'screw' everyone. Have different exclusives for the American market, the European market, the Australasian market etc. The lower membership of the Australasian market means I would be less screwed than the rest of you for once. LMAO.

As we have had similar discussions before, and I agree with Winged Shadows, I am interested at what Sideshow has come up with. They would have read our previous comments, and I would have thought they would have abandoned the idea, but no. As usual, Sideshow have been provocative by mentioning this in advance. I bet Brant is behind it. He's such a rascal. Roflmao.

Why a special Membership for exclusives? Are the exclusives better than the others items or are you just worried about secondary market value? I have 7 of the Jason figures, only 3 of them are exclusive versions. That doesn't make me like the other 4 any less. I got them for Jason, not a little bear or camp shirt.

I think the green Hulk statue looks far better than the gray version anyway.

I don't think Sideshows wants to divide the community they are trying to build.

Separate exclusives would be the perfect way to accomplish this. Not to mention is more of a pain to organize.

Bullseye said:
I love Sideshows Marvel line so much (except movie Maquette’s :rolleyes: ) that I would be willing to pay them based on 2-3 versus line and 2-3 ¼ scale $2000 up front at the beginning of the year as long as they guarantee me the exclusive of each line and any other special exclusives from the Marvel line if I like them. Would you?

I think we have a found our 40 year old virgin!:D :D

Back