Prison prepares to feel full force of ‘Jediism’

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toylion

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://news.msn.com/offbeat/weird-news-of-the-week-april-25-2014-1#image=9

Didn't know this was a 'Thing.' :rotfl

_h353_w628_m6_ofalse_lfalse.jpg

"The UK’s prison services are set to face legal action from a group of inmates for denying them the right to practice Jediism, the religion of lightsaber-wielding characters from the Star Wars movies.

The inmates claim that by failing to acknowledge the religion, which is recognized at the seventh most popular in the UK, the prison service is discriminating against them.

An unnamed prisoner spoke out in a prison magazine, suggesting the service’s behavior was symbolic of “the kind of intolerance and religious bigotry faced by members of our faith.”

Like all good Jedis though, he signed off by wishing that the force be with them."

seventh most popular in the UK.

See, this really proves the point I always try to make. The Bible is just a really old Harry Potter or Star Wars book people took way too seriously. I can totally imagine humanity in a thousand years being mostly Jedi-ists who believe Star Wars really did happen a long time ago and someday Yoda will be resurrected.

See, this really proves the point I always try to make. The Bible is just a really old Harry Potter or Star Wars book people took way too seriously. I can totally imagine humanity in a thousand years being mostly Jedi-ists who believe Star Wars really did happen a long time ago and someday Yoda will be resurrected.

Well, religions are based on events from real-life people who actually existed - with the events that surrounded their lives, being left open to interpretation. Star Wars is just a fantasy story that George Lucas created, and obviously, some fanbois who've been living in their momma's basement took it a little too seriously.

Well, religions are based on events from real-life people who actually existed - with the events that surrounded their lives, being left open to interpretation. Star Wars is just a fantasy story that George Lucas created, and obviously, some fanbois who've been living in their momma's basement took it a little too seriously.

kinda mimics constantine the great's effort post pagan renaissance. :lol

Or you could say that people have taken the truth of the Bible and deveopled a bunch of other hooey they made up that only loosely resembles it.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Jediism and scientogoly seems to be the same, all made up :lol

Unlike Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc.

The only real one is Olympian Greek, but they have forsaken man, as man has forsaken them. When the false creeds vanish from the earth, only then will mighty Olympus return.

It's just a matter of time until there's a Church of the Midichlorians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back