Prison Break - Enterbay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
applaude2.gif

No but really, good argument :)

i never said it was a bad thing, just my personal preference. i actually do want enterbay to remain like a "professional band of private customisers serving their own particular niche" whereas you may not. which is probably why you don't get my argument.

i'll bet the prison break figures by enterbay will have a lot more thought and energy put into them than HT's, which were released while the show was still hot. Enterbay are releasing 3 or 4 yrs later, you're right. which means it's probably a license they care about and are fans of, not just coz it's popular right now. sometimes i get the feeling HT release things quickly because they're flavour of the moment. sometimes this means rushed work, QC issues and incomplete lines. look at the watchmen line, and the pirates line etc. they lost interest once the hype was over.

i've collected HT since the beginning, trust me. when this board was still in love with sideshow 1/6 in fact. but i bet HT will never release anything as leftfield as mr. bean. that's the difference between EB and HT. we don't need 2 companies doing the same things. which is why i want EB to continue in the way they are.

I see your point about HT jumping on every 'flavour of the month' license (Avatar, Inglorious basterds, Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans etc) - this in itself is not a problem, only if it leads to the other things you mention like spreading their resources too thin and rushed work, QC issues and incomplete lines. Yeah those can be annoyances. IMO the HT Big Chap Alien falls under 'rushed', DX Batman, previous Alien figures and probably some other figures fall in the QC area and I can definitely name figures I would have liked from various of their licenses that never happened.

As to 'incomplete lines' though - I see no evidence that Enterbay can claim superiority there. Surely '24' could have had more than 2 characters made. And not even any variants of those 2 characters. The entire license amounted to 2 figures. What a let-down. At least if HT get a big license they milk it 3/4 of the way - yes its frustrating that they don't go 4/4 but its still better than a company who show such promise, who get you excited about the possibilities...and then they just drop it.

I see your point about HT jumping on every 'flavour of the month' license (Avatar, Inglorious basterds, Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans etc) - this in itself is not a problem, only if it leads to the other things you mention like spreading their resources too thin and rushed work, QC issues and incomplete lines. Yeah those can be annoyances. IMO the HT Big Chap Alien falls under 'rushed', DX Batman, previous Alien figures and probably some other figures fall in the QC area and I can definitely name figures I would have liked from various of their licenses that never happened.

As to 'incomplete lines' though - I see no evidence that Enterbay can claim superiority there. Surely '24' could have had more than 2 characters made. And not even any variants of those 2 characters. The entire license amounted to 2 figures. What a let-down. At least if HT get a big license they milk it 3/4 of the way - yes its frustrating that they don't go 4/4 but its still better than a company who show such promise, who get you excited about the possibilities...and then they just drop it.

perhaps enterbay aren't as free of blame with the incomplete lines. the jack bauer figure is sheer toy heaven. very few things come close to that sculpt and paint. i guess with 24, i would have loved a tony almeida on the same level. apart from that, the characters change so much from season to season i can't really think of anyone else. maybe nina. not sure i'd want to look at chloe's grouchy face on my shelf :lol

they've done extremely well by their bruce line though, and that's over several years now. and storm warriors - it looks like they're offering all of the main characters there, and all at once too. that seems to be a pattern with EB now - they reveal everyone they're doing in a line at once. doesn't keep you guessing. that really bugged me about the HT watchmen line. i purchased the first 2 on the assumption HT would give us more of them. but they stopped reeeeaally short there.

The wait is more suspenseful than waiting for a new episode.

i wonder if they will do any other characters from the line. tbag, linc and michael are a must, but how about the secondary characters like Sucre and Abruzzi. that would be awesome

Some pics for T-Bag on eBay; :cool:

10feb25_pasonbreak_1.jpg

10feb25_pasonbreak_3.jpg

10feb25_pasonbreak_4.jpg

10feb25_pasonbreak_5.jpg

10feb25_pasonbreak_7.jpg

10feb25_pasonbreak_8.jpg

credit: abc-express

Hope they get the bros up soon as well.

So are these going to be 2-in-1 figures? Ie both prison and civillian clothes?

T-bag looks great, but I'm not seeing a fake hand. He never had a normal hand outside of prison on the show. So they need to fix that or they get an epic fail! I suppose you could always use a dragon hand or something for the fake one though.

Since we got pics of T-bag now, they'll probably ship next week :lol

Back