Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tbh the Jaw may actually have been changed deliberately. We will have to see other in hand ones. It may have been changed to apply the paint better. We will have to see more as it comes out.
Honestly the Dog Alien had a lip and jaw change as well from the prototype. No one ever said anything when it came out lol

Tbh the Jaw may actually have been changed deliberately. We will have to see other in hand ones. It may have been changed to apply the paint better. We will have to see more as it comes out.
Honestly the Dog Alien had a lip and jaw change as well from the prototype. No one ever said anything when it came out lol
May be you are right but for me there is no excuse for that. We have seen pieces like the coolprops maquette with perfectly chromed teeth so there should be no problems to apply better paintjob in that area. Also the ones who bought the dx, we want two different heads: open and closed mouth versions. I really like the closed mouth version and I don’t see the logic on having two heads; one with a 100% open mouth and another one with a 30% open mouth. Also tendons looks like they are “broken”…I hope this is a mistake and joern will get an extra head:)
(I should see the video this night but by the moment, I want my closed mouth version)

The tendon looks disconnected. If that were my piece I'd definitely write to prime 1. No way that would be an intentional change, something went wrong during production of that head.

Outrageous! The jaw is clearly glued off the initial space. Just look all the prototype pictures and as well the ones already posted from other collectors. How can that happen, as these parts must have lock and key connections, not an idiot can miss while gluing?

Especially with such an low edition size. Should be like extra carefully with QC and double checking. I truly hope they replace such faulty glued ones.

Else it looks stunning. The dome and it´s fogginess is perfect and most of the other body paint details are spot on and a pleasure to look at. The stripes at the rips where mentioned already and as well I see them a bit sceptical. Never saw such on a Chap nor does any movie stills or Giger´s pictures how these.

All in all a winner nonetheless and I count the nanoseconds to get mine. Fingers crossed it is flawless.

I have written to Prime 1 sending them photos of the two heads and asking them to pay more attention to quality control. We are talking about very expensive collectibles, there are only 250 so there should not be mistakes like these. For me it does not make any sense ... I am sure that Joern will get a replacement and I hope he appreciates our comments (if I were him I would appreciate it). I think that we should not "tolerate" things like this ... we are already normalizing the payment of fortunes for collectible figures and the result is that every new figure is more expensive than the last one... let's not make the mistake of allowing things like this, or companies will also normalize them…

Where's the split?
Someone circled it on the photo on the previous page...and there is a photo of the prototype for comparison.

These things are becoming incredibly expensive. People really need to stop being so relaxed on poor quality control. I'm not one for being picky myself as I never expect production pieces to look as good as prototypes, but obvious errors like this should definitely be called out.

New pics take with 2 different phones... Still can't really capture the quality of the pain job, which looks even better in real life.

iDSC_0020.JPG

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 129
Someone circled it on the photo on the previous page...and there is a photo of the prototype for comparison.

These things are becoming incredibly expensive. People really need to stop being so relaxed on poor quality control. I'm not one for being picky myself as I never expect production pieces to look as good as prototypes, but obvious errors like this should definitely be called out.
Okay, I see it. It looks like a piece broke off. That's replacement worthy.

Back