Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
December 2021....you are gonna kill me!lol!!!
Hope to see something very soon. We should! There are no changes in the release date so I?m expecting to see the chap very soon:) the biggest concern I have with all this waiting is that we just have seen a ?good? video in youtube and that?s it...i know it by heart! I don?t mind waiting but without events/conventions etc, we missed a very nice part of our hobby that is commenting reveals, pictures, new details....I think that companies nowadays and with the corona should have think on it giving us more options to see pieces..just to leep our interest on them...because while with the big chap I?m completely on, I?ve loosen interest regarding new pieces and my opinion as a collector from more than 10 years should make some companies think in how to keep interest of their customers for future releases.

Lol you memorized the video and that version is locked in your mind. Maybe watch the Alien movie again, that might reset the image (nothing to lose, worse case scenario it backfires ;-)

Agree with the previews idea, though it could be hard to do if the piece is altered bit by bit during production. I think JND may have done this with their new Dark Knight JK 1/3 i.e provided collectors with a new video showing some updates post initial announcement. But only for that one specific statue. Todays marketing seems to be take a bunch of photos of the prototype and let the customer decide over 2-3 years until release, so yeah interaction is definitely a little more muted than before, covid also has not helped.

Another example is blitzway T2 arm (the motorized one), I don't think I have seen one update since the first preview making collectors nervous and anxious with the lack of info on progress etc.

Another example is blitzway T2 arm (the motorized one), I don't think I have seen one update since the first preview making collectors nervous and anxious with the lack of info on progress etc.

Ah, the Blitzway Endo arm...I honestly keep forgetting I POed that. Blitzway have had their share of slipups but overall put out great pieces. I wonder when they plan on getting that guy out. :impatient:

Last edited:
I also know Alien movie by heart:)haha. At this point My anxiety will only be better with some fresh new pictures!

My big hopes is that p1 lowered the amount of pieces to 450 so that they can focus on detail. I mean there is nothing better for reputation than demand. If they give us near prototype or even (translucent lips) this piece would put thier name at the top for Alien pieces. And considering they are the only ones atm who hold the rights for the 1/3 Alien license. I'm assuming they are probably moving forward with the other films. Resurrection and avp. ( not that I'd ever purchase those) but prime1 is keeping the Alien license for a reason.
The dog changed from prototype slightly. And I'm surprised more people don't talk about the changes. The lips being one of the biggest changes. And the tail blade of course.
The Chap had been delayed a couple times, I think it was originally due in November last year. Or September, I can't remember.

I’ll check this avout the dog jacklyn! I didn’t know it. Do think we will see improvements on the chap then? Come on....pictures NOW

I’ll check this avout the dog jacklyn! I didn’t know it. Do think we will see improvements on the chap then? Come on....pictures NOW

Not sure. I am curious if they changed the Dogs lips because of construction. The jaws are attached separately. So I think they wanted the inner skull and teeth to be one and the Dome and upper lips to be one. Attaching the lips after the dome was probably an issue. I'm curious how they will do the chap in this situation, tinted translucent lips would be so good. But at this point I'm just hoping for proto quality.

Oh! Ok!! Me too I’m waiting for proto quality. The thing is that I need to see more angles of this figure. The youtube video, that is actually very nice, doesn’t show how beautiful this piece is! Prime 1 videos, the one in 360...is really awesome, just with poor quality though...one day less for the final reveal! Also I am curious avout the drool as I have the dx...

It will have drool. When they said "no drool" with was before pre orders even began. Then a couple months went by and it still had drool.
I dont care either way. I'd prefer the mouth open and a short and long inner mouth but whatever.

Yeah! I mean I want to see how does the drool look in the final product, in different angles...if I don’t like it I have the regular head but...we will see:)

Yeah! I mean I want to see how does the drool look in the final product, in different angles...if I don’t like it I have the regular head but...we will see:)

I am curious also. What's interesting is the person who sculpted it didn't make the drool or the side stand. From what I understand it was. Huge issue to get this and the warrior sculpted before Disney moved in.

I just wish the bust stand for the extra head looked more in-line with the Dog and Warrior stands. I dunno why all three have different aesthetics, the most different of which is the Chap.

I just wish the bust stand for the extra head looked more in-line with the Dog and Warrior stands. I dunno why all three have different aesthetics, the most different of which is the Chap.

Now that you say it that is really interesting. I mean I don't mind the chap stand I actually like the side view of it alot. But it is odd that the aesthetic is different.

Ah, the Blitzway Endo arm...I honestly keep forgetting I POed that. Blitzway have had their share of slipups but overall put out great pieces. I wonder when they plan on getting that guy out. :impatient:

Yeah it's been a while, they've been pretty darn quiet too. I reckon there trying to perfect the servo mechanism as much as they can before release, probably the most challenging part. Hopefully they pull it off and release soon, I can imagine a lot of people using it for pranks or maybe scare some birds lol.

Photos from the display at Prime 1's Next Level store in Tokyo. We've seen store displays without drool before, so I'm not sure if this is the old prototype or a factory sample.

185310062-460727591661136-2043622462328862634-n.jpg

184965355-1872801952889583-1365276951288590240-n.jpg

184808262-310412023880114-8956713952044996251-n.jpg

185034641-3873829616064577-1335533910747408715-n.jpg

Last edited:
THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!Thanks for the pictures!!!these are new photos! I wish it came like this...wow wow! Can’t wait for more!!

Photos from the display at Prime 1's Next Level store in Tokyo. We've seen store displays without drool before, so I'm not sure if this is the old prototype or a factory sample.

185310062-460727591661136-2043622462328862634-n.jpg

184965355-1872801952889583-1365276951288590240-n.jpg

184808262-310412023880114-8956713952044996251-n.jpg

185034641-3873829616064577-1335533910747408715-n.jpg
Oooooooo something exciting!! I wonder what it is, it is either the old prototype or they have infact removed the drool! Or maybe it's an add on. Who knows. But this looks fantastic! Hopefully this is it for us!!

And actually this is new from what I see. The reason I say that is the upper lip is missing on this piece! Not sure what that means. But it may have something to do with the drool. Screenshot_20210512-202526_Chrome.jpg

Yep I'm positive it is a new one, the paint is slightly different than the prototype. The shoulder blade is painted different. It may actually be the factory paint app which is promising. Screenshot_20210512-202830_Chrome.jpg

Nice pictures, can't wait for more. Need some new pictures of the closed mouth head now, as i ordered the standard.
I hope the postage charges don't get jacked up like the predator pieces have.
I dont think i could cancel as there are no local retailers for this one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back