Statue Prime 1 Venom Revealed !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is so ridiculous awesome that it's crazy.

This the Venom for me, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I won't be going for the other Sideshow Venom. This is the one for me.

Compared to XM and Sideshow, this edges both of the out. This looks more menacing, more intimidating then both. The head sculpts are GORGEOUS and really change the look, depending on which you go for. The size and overall form of the body looks excellent. I love the big shoulders and the pose.

My critiques:
- I wish the gloss on the tentacles were distributed a bit more thought the body.
- The tentacles are borderline making this too busy, but it's growing on me.

All in all, I got to honestly say that missing out on the XM Venom isn't so bad anymore. The XM is amazing in its own right. But I felt Prime 1 would deliver from the beginning and they did. Keep this under $1K and the QC top notch, and this is the Venom I want.

Last edited:
No disrespect to Sideshow, but I'm curious how much influence they have on this piece in terms of development, concept, etc. because I get a feeling that this is all Prime 1 with Sideshow's name put on it for technical reasons of distribution, etc.

The lower body is a bit small. Maybe its just an optical illusion, I hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

XM's Venom is amazing, but only available at high aftermarket prices now. Unless his price drops under 1k, I'll get Prime's. Looks much, much better than Sideshow's version to me.

Zod, you are correct! Loving this one myself. But need more time to settle in with the McFarlane head. It's good as well just need more time to sink in.

I like it! At first I was a little put off by the head sculpt but I really like the other open head sculpt a lot. The first head sculpt is kind of cool because it looks like a spider from certain angles but at other angles he looks buck toothed. Second open mouthed portrait makes this a winner to me..

11ub9yd.jpg

It looks great, and I think it will look AMAZING with the new P1 Spider-Man.

IA is basically defunct and yeah Prime 1 is picking up a lot of what they were going to do

Officially revealed no, but it has all but been confirmed that it will be the Daniel Bell piece mentioned above

you referring to this one? If so, I think it's the best red/blue spidey to date by a large margin. Add Prime's quality and QC....major home run.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/bdm3E

This will be my first Prime 1 purchase. Really like the picture of Venom with the Mcfarlane head sculpt and two other display options for lots of variety...awesome!

i hoping it's not that. looks to realistic and in my opinion doesn't really suit a comic version that would go well with the other pieces.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but the spider on the base was a nice touch too. Really love this thing more and more.

A couple of the pictures made me think of the venom rah :monkey3. I think I'd ultimately choose sideshow

Venom_RAH-l-1.jpg

Last edited:
Like this betten than XM, but overall I still like Sideshows more. More of a unique pose compared with the other two which look very similar. Don't need the tendrils either. One portrait on Primes almost looks like he's bucktoothed.

The lower body is a bit small. Maybe its just an optical illusion, I hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Similar to the comic version. Upper body just insanely massive. Unproportionate to the lower.

I was hoping for a bigger Mcfarlane type Venom. This isn't for me. That being said they did an outstanding job translating the "Dark Origins" story into a statue

So I'm assuming we'll see this up for PO soon?

Not this Thursday, but the following?

Back